Coaching Suggestions if Jerry Kill bolts.

I won't speculate, because I don't like to think of a future without Kill, but I will say there is a snowball's chance in hell that Rich Rod leaves Arizona for Minnesota. Their facilities are upgraded, they pay him a crap ton more money than we'd be willing to pay, and he has finally built something in the desert after those tough Michigan years. Might as well speculate that Gus Malzahn is coming here.

"stop with the negative waves Moriarty"...
- Donald Sutherland

Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?” Sargent Oddball (Donald Sutherland) Kelly’s Heroes

Joel has to call Tony Dungy or he'd be dumb. When Tony turns it down, make sure he's involved in the search and approves whoever the final choice is.

no_michael_bluth.gif

Tracy Claeys

Curious as to what his coaching staff might look like. How many current assistants would remain loyal to Kill and follow him, rather than stay here?

If coach Kill bolts for Michigan or Nebraska than there is only one choice

Tracy Claeys

If coach Kill decides to bolt for better recruiting grounds at either Nebraska or Michigan than the only choice I want
as Minnesota coach is Tracy Claeys, that and we get to keep coach Klein for the strength and conditioning program.
At some point you would think Kill will develop a coaching tree, of people that get poached away or he takes a more prestigious program.
Like others have said in the thread, if Kill bolts I would rather have the Gophers hire
Claeys and keep him in the fold than let Kansas poach him away.

Why not concentrate on Keeping Jerry instead of negatively looking for his replacement

You guys are effing crazy...please stop with this insanity!

Jerry Kill is not leaving Minnesota next season. come on, let knock it off with the Kill replacement threads.

The only logical conclussion:

We create an autonomous collective of GHer's that have been registered since at least 2008.

They would create an anarcho-syndicalist commune, taking turns to act as a sort of executive-officer-for-the-week--But all the decisions *of* that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting--By a simple majority, in the case of purely internal affairs--But by a two-thirds majority, in the case of more major...

Jerry Kill will be at Minnesota until he retires and becomes AD. He has told his LOYAL assistants that this is his last stop. Plus, his wife would "kill" him.

He will surpass Murray Warmath and become the 2nd greatest coaching legend at Minnesota, behind Bierman. Bookmark this thread and read again in 2025.

I am willing to bet if Kill leaves, and Claeys is offered the job, he would take it. I wouldn't mind that at all.

Glen never left, he was fired.

It's not exactly a secret that Glen was always courting bigger programs...if he had been more successful he would have left.

It's not exactly a secret that Glen was always courting bigger programs...if he had been more successful he would have left.

So you prefer the coach keep it a secret he's looking around? You may get your wish.

Jerry Kill will be at Minnesota until he retires and becomes AD. He has told his LOYAL assistants that this is his last stop. Plus, his wife would "kill" him.

He will surpass Murray Warmath and become the 2nd greatest coaching legend at Minnesota, behind Bierman. Bookmark this thread and read again in 2025.

I am sure Rebecca is like a lot of people. My wife would kill me to if I said we were moving to Lincoln, Nebraska, but if I told her we were moving there and I am doubling my salary to the 3-4 million range she would help me pack my bags.

I want to believe that Kill is here for the long haul. I think that Minnesota will show their commitment to him in the form of a large contract. I would love to see Kill become a living legend at Minnesota and when he decides to hang it up, give the reigns to Claeys and the rest of the staff.

Top Bottom