Marcus Jones was pretty excited to participate in Jump Around

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/Ond0VQw9tAv/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I saw that during the game. A part of me wanted someone from the team to grab him by the collar and shout in his ear until it started bleeding.

I remember reading when Kill was first hired that he had the team watch video of their sideline demeanor and wanted the kids to have fun and dance. I always watch the team between the 3rd and 4th quarter and many times there is large groups of players dancing.

I am really torn on this. On the one hand, if he finds Jump Around that impressive, then I guess I would rather him take their thing and use it to pump himself up than stand there looking around getting intimidated as he watches everybody jump. On the other hand, I have my obvious reservations about our guys doing Jump Around.

If the game is close, I say the visiting team takes full ownership and uses it to pump themselves up. The visitors are just watching it anyways. That would also p!ss off the Badgers I suspect.

If it gets the kid fired up and the team fired up, I'm all for it. Shows they're loose and confident

I was glad to see it. Might as well join in instead of just watching, give you a little boost of adrenaline.

Will he be returning kicks for the bowl game? I know Myrick had the big TD return vs Northwestern but I thought Jones was always better at making people miss.

Saw this at the game, a bunch of the defense got super pumped and when it was over hounded him. I would think there is nothing worse than just watching and being in awe.

I loved it- seize the moment and have a good time. Isn't that what it really all about anyways?

A lot better.

Dancing and eluding defnders seems to have a correlations, maybe we should bring in a dance instructor???

I liked that he was getting pumped up for it, and I think our team should jump around as well. It's a neat tradition at Madison that the whole stadium gets pumped up, is it sooo neat that we need to come back from commercial break and watch it for a minute??? No. But I think it would be a nice slap in the face to be more pumped up than the BAAAAADgers after the 4th quarter jump around in 2 years and absolutely stick it in their faces with a Jones td on the first play.

JUMP AROUND ON THAT!

Our last trip of many to CR was in 2008. The Gophers were up 24-17 the end of the 3rd and the MN sideline was "jumping". Brewster's players were totally into it. Wisky not at all.

Maybe they expended too much energy as we ended up on the short end 35-32 after a Weber late INT but it was a fun environment.

I am really torn on this. On the one hand, if he finds Jump Around that impressive, then I guess I would rather him take their thing and use it to pump himself up than stand there looking around getting intimidated as he watches everybody jump. On the other hand, I have my obvious reservations about our guys doing Jump Around.

The teams did this en force in 2008, which coincidentally enough was the last competitive Axe game at the Camp. Both benches were almost out to the hash marks, and needed to be pushed back by the officials.

The teams did this en force in 2008, which coincidentally enough was the last competitive Axe game at the Camp. Both benches were almost out to the hash marks, and needed to be pushed back by the officials.

Exactly. Get the kids to channel it. You feed off the frenzy and use it to punish the other team on the ensuing possession. No reason that our guys can't use it to get fired up. We're not required to stand there and watch. A lot of that comes from the way the coaches approach it. Our team seems to enjoy dancing in the locker room, why not on the field?

Top Bottom