Video: Melvin Gordon says Gophers DB Demarius Travis rolled on his ankle on purpose

Didn't watch the video, but I saw a play where something like that looked possible now that you mention it.

I hope he's fine. Maybe he'll be a Viking next season.

What a tool. Travis dove, grabbed what he could and spun him down. Watch the replay. Travis releases as soon as they hit the ground.

Try to take down Gordon if all you have a hold of is his ankle…if you don't twist it, he pulls out of your grasp. How many missed tackles did he escape? Travis did what he had to do to tackle an awesome RB. Period.

It looked to me like his ankle got caught up under Travis on the play he got hurt and definitely got bent funny but watching it live it didn't look intentional.

Does Melvin understand that part of playing football is getting tackled? Not every play is a clean tackle, while I did see the play it in no way looked intentional, when he slips tackles the way he does players try about any thing to just bring him down. Look at the play, he releases it the second he is tackled.

He said the same thing about last years game. Gordon is kind of a whiner.

I hope he's fine. Maybe he'll be a Viking next season.

i sure hope the Vikes dont use their top 10 pick on Gordon. much rather have Todd Gurley as a late 1st round or high 2nd round. I dont enjoy cheering on former Badgers in the NFL, especially for the Vikings

Boo f-ing hoooo Gordon. STFU and stop your whining. You claimed the same stupid B.S. last year too. Guess what bud, you are going to get tackled sometimes. And sometimes it is GOING to HURT.......A LOT. Deal with it. Smh.

What a knob. You won the game, shut up and prepare for Saturday.

Boo f-ing hoooo Gordon. STFU and stop your whining. You claimed the same stupid B.S. last year too. Guess what bud, you are going to get tackled sometimes. And sometimes it is GOING to HURT.......A LOT. Deal with it. Smh.

If Travis wanted to hurt Gordon; he wouldn't be walking now.

Remembering what Gordon claimed about last year, I watched that play several times. I see no possibility of it being intentional. It happened lightning fast and Travis was doing anything he could to make sure he was tackled. Just happened that his momentum took his body across his lower leg. Happens 20 times a game. Imagine how good the Badgers defense would be if they were allowed to tackle somebody below the knees.

Gordon puts himself in a position to have his ankle twisted. Every time that Gordon gets hit, he immediately tries a spin move to get out of the grasp of the defender. It is effective for him, but if a guy gets him by the ankle, the outcome is that Gordon is going to twist his ankle. It's one of the hazards of the game when a guy uses the techniques that Gordon does. I didn't see anything malicious on Saturday.

I honestly feel like he should be suspended for saying something as stupid as this. What an idiot. If they were trying to hurt Gordon they would have done it much earlier. All Travis did was tackle him. Maybe he is just mad that he didn't really have the big touchdown runs that would have gotten him the heisman.

I'm just glad that the Gophers weren't successfully able to injure Melvin. Good luck against OSU. Break a leg!

Buck the Fadgers. I hope OSU crushes them and then they get destroyed in the bowl game.

If the game was over, like he says it was, why was he still in there? If you keep taking hand offs, expect to keep getting tackled.

Yea they showed the replay a few times and its absolutely clear that Travis released his leg the moment he hit the ground. No pulling, twisting or anything. Gordon's just a whiner looking to complain about something. Kids got talent but shut up already

Oh well, we'll call it even for Bo Ryan teaching his players to step under guys when their opponent shoots the ball ala Andre Hollins.

I read somewhere that acupuncture might be helpful?
I'm not sure if Demarius had any tackles for the Gophers?

Kind of just looked like Travis got run over and he grabbed whatever he could from his back making a lucky tackle and released as soon as he figured the tackle was complete....

At the game I couldn't really tell what happened. Thanks for the replay video gopher7

Maybe there is an intramural flag football league still going on in Madison that Melvin can get involved in.

Perhaps the Badger's should lobby to allow Gordon to wear a "no contact" mesh pullover vest during this Saturday's OSU game.

YA, OK MELVIN. THAT LOOKED SUPER INTENTIONAL. :rolleyes:

YA, OK MELVIN. THAT LOOKED SUPER INTENTIONAL. :rolleyes:

If there was intent to injure on Gordon there, then I need to lodge some formal complaints with the intramural office at the U. I think I received harder hits playing intramural ice hockey, floor hockey, flag football, slow pitch softball, and (during one unfortunate under the net collision) co-ed volleyball.

Here the video.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-NVVbGA9CPGA/VHqsSwHJgKI/AAAAAAAAvik/b3MSOlQuY48/s1600/oLs4q0X.gif

I find it hard to believe Travis would intentionally be trying to insure him a split second after grabbing him from his back, in the open field where the entire nation can see them.

Ha, okay Melvin. Just be happy, your team is going to the conference championship, you might win the Heisman and you're about to cash in. No need to make things up.

If that was an intention to injure, then every play of every game is.

Top Bottom