Attended Game: Wisconsin Fans were pretty cool

watertown 1987 guy n

Reaction score
Went with 15 friends and we were preparing ourselves for maintaining some restraint. But we had a fantastic time and met some very cool Bucky fans; even did the shotski with some. There probably are some Wisky di**s out there but we didn't see them or hear from them and my view now is they are of the minority; unfortantly a few bad apples could create a bad experience for some visitors. Perfect weather and a competitive game that was only decided late in the 4th quarter created a great college football experience at Camp Randall. I'm hoping Bucky takes down Ohio St. so that when we beat Wisky next year it will only be sweeter.

Went with 15 friends and we were preparing ourselves for maintaining some restraint. But we had a fantastic time and met some very cool Bucky fans; even did the shotski with some. There probably are some Wisky di**s out there but we didn't see them or hear from them and my view now is they are of the minority; unfortantly a few bad apples could create a bad experience for some visitors. Perfect weather and a competitive game that was only decided late in the 4th quarter created a great college football experience at Camp Randall. I'm hoping Bucky takes down Ohio St. so that when we beat Wisky next year it will only be sweeter.

nm

First of all. IT'S BECKY. Second of all. I equate a Becky fan to the French in World War 2. Quoting General George S.Patton: " I would rather have the German's in front of me then the French behind me" I'm glad you had great time, but consider yourself lucky.

You got lucky. I was got hit in the head with a bottle in the third quarter for which no one wanted to take credit. Badgers are cowards

The ones we sat around were very cool, willing to talk about the game with a level head throughout. I even wished them luck next week on our way out (even if I didn't mean it).

The Wisconsin students, however, remain the most unpleasant group of people in the Big Ten.

Cool story bro.

The atmosphere was not as hospitable for us Gopher fans were where I viewed the game..... my in-laws living room in Grafton, Wisconsin....

First of all. IT'S BECKY. Second of all. I equate a Becky fan to the French in World War 2. Quoting General George S.Patton: " I would rather have the German's in front of me then the French behind me" I'm glad you had great time, but consider yourself lucky.

Ruppert,

I warned you before to take your medication. When will you learn?

Ruppert,

I warned you before to take your medication. When will you learn?

It's no longer Badger Week. Take a long walk off a short pier, or put an egg in your shoe and beat it.
Is there any other quip I can lay on you for you to comprehend? Medication? The only one meds is yourself. .My guess is you're banned from the Badger boards so you're trolling over here.

Oh Ruppert, you are so silly. I have never even commented on a Badger board and I haven't said a single negative thing about Minnesota on this board.

If Badger Week is over, why are you still commenting on how awful their fans are?

Based on this post on Buckyville maybe you should focus on your own fans behavior? Or just take your medication?

Lisa Byington, B1G Network sideline reporter, posted a touching blog post about Costigan on senior day. It is short, but quite moving and extremely well said. http://lisabyington.com/post/beyond-the-badger-football-title

The Gopher fans behind us actually booed during the Senior Day introductions because they thought it was a waste of time. Stunningly ignorant of the importance of that day to everyone involved in athletics."

By the way, here is the link to the Byington story:

Beyond the Badger football title …
Posted December 1, 2014 • No Comments
I have a lasting memory from covering the Minnesota-Wisconsin football game in Madison Saturday night.

It has nothing to do with a play, with the celebration, really, even with football.

It had everything to do with the pregame Senior Day ceremony.

Like his other senior teammates and managers, Wisconsin’s right guard, Kyle Costigan, was honored on the field before the game started. His family was there, except for one – his Mother, Sandy.

Sandy Costigan has been battling kidney cancer for months. The family has even had to set up a website to help them assist with the mounting health care costs: http://www.gofundme.com/sandysangels. But at this point, the disease has progressed to the extent that attending a college football game would be too much.

“He has done a fantastic job handling all this,” Head Coach Gary Andersen told me. “It’s something I don’t even know I could do.”

Kyle walked off the field after the pregame ceremony, with his family, all had tears streaming down their faces. I looked at Kyle’s hand, and he was holding a piece of paper. It was a hand-written note from his Mom. In it, she made sure to tell him how much she wanted to be there, how proud she was of him.

Kyle was wiping the tears from his eyes, staring at the ground, when his family put a cell phone in front of him. They had Facetimed Sandy Costigan, so she could see her son for a few moments before his final football game at Camp Randall.

When Kyle looked up and glanced at the phone screen, he broke down into more tears. “Mom, I love you so much, Mom. I love you so much.”

It was a moment I can’t get out of my mind.

Life doesn’t stop for much, but it did for me there.

To me, it showed the absolute conflict between joy and pain.

And the ultimate strength to continue to walk through it all.

My experience with Wisky fans was mixed. It seemed that the older fans were friendly, those who are wise enough to know that rivalries go in cycles and that Minnesota still leads the all-time series. The 25 and under crowd was petty and arrogant, and couldn't believe that I would even step foot in their stadium.

I thought Camp Randall was an absolute dump. Porta potties in the stadium???? You would think with all their success they could install a few bathrooms. Wisky needs a facilities upgrade much more than we do.

Just out of curiosity, where are there porta potties inside Camp Randall? I sit in section F and haven't seen any there.

The entire visitor side of the stadium has all new facilities including concessions, luxury boxes, club seats, football offices, the athletic department, the new student learning center and the indoor practice facility. The scoreboard, sound system (too loud at times, I agree) and hundreds of flat scree TVs are all new.

My only complaint is the quality and price of the food.

My experience with Wisky fans was mixed. It seemed that the older fans were friendly, those who are wise enough to know that rivalries go in cycles and that Minnesota still leads the all-time series. The 25 and under crowd was petty and arrogant, and couldn't believe that I would even step foot in their stadium.

I thought Camp Randall was an absolute dump. Porta potties in the stadium???? You would think with all their success they could install a few bathrooms. Wisky needs a facilities upgrade much more than we do.

They still have the Porta John's? Lol!!

Just out of curiosity, where are there porta potties inside Camp Randall? I sit in section F and haven't seen any there.

The entire visitor side of the stadium has all new facilities including concessions, luxury boxes, club seats, football offices, the athletic department, the new student learning center and the indoor practice facility. The scoreboard, sound system (too loud at times, I agree) and hundreds of flat scree TVs are all new.

My only complaint is the quality and price of the food.

Just outside of section II. There was only one bathroom in the area, and the line was usually 20-30 people long outside of it.

I have not been up there recently, and I am not an engineer, but I wonder if it is an upper deck thing JG?

The building is generally pretty old. A few years back they did big renovations around the lower bowl including most of the bathrooms and adding concessions. They were mainly "bumped out" from the existing footprint. I am assuming that would be much harder to do upstairs. They may have added Porta Johns to improve capacity.

Oh, and Ruppie?

Try googling "best stadiums in college football" and let me know what you come up with.

Pains me to say it but we had a great time in Madison & the fans were very cool. Wore Maroon & Gold the whole time & the worst thing I saw the entire 3 days was one drunk chick giving Gopher fans the finger at a bar. Great fan support & amazing game day atmosphere, I was actually a little envious. At the game I was razzing the Badger fans pretty hard during the first half & they didn't even get mad at me. No bottles, no popcorn, no insults, kind of disappointing actually.

I have not been up there recently, and I am not an engineer, but I wonder if it is an upper deck thing JG?

The building is generally pretty old. A few years back they did big renovations around the lower bowl including most of the bathrooms and adding concessions. They were mainly "bumped out" from the existing footprint. I am assuming that would be much harder to do upstairs. They may have added Porta Johns to improve capacity.

I was in YZ and that end had porta potties in it. 5 or 6 of them maybe?

Back to the original topic, all of the Badger Fans I encountered, expect one, were very cool. The one spent the entire game screaming for a defensive penalty on every Badger offensive play. That got old real fast. But, overall, you all were very cool.

Oh, and Ruppie?

Try googling "best stadiums in college football" and let me know what you come up with.
The experts poll by Athlon which is graded by the top 15 experts in college football doesn't agree.
Great atmosphere, yes. Structure wise it is a f--king erector set.

Oh Ruppert, you are so silly. I have never even commented on a Badger board and I haven't said a single negative thing about Minnesota on this board.

If Badger Week is over, why are you still commenting on how awful their fans are?

Based on this post on Buckyville maybe you should focus on your own fans behavior? Or just take your medication?

Lisa Byington, B1G Network sideline reporter, posted a touching blog post about Costigan on senior day. It is short, but quite moving and extremely well said. http://lisabyington.com/post/beyond-the-badger-football-title

The Gopher fans behind us actually booed during the Senior Day introductions because they thought it was a waste of time. Stunningly ignorant of the importance of that day to everyone involved in athletics."

I have been to over 55 road games and have seen the best and the worst of each BIG team fan. Minnesota is not the best nor is Wisconsin but certainly our rivals are not the worst. I will say I have had a lot of fun in Madison and never really had any trouble outside the always present asshole who is not really a fan of anything but trouble and seems to be at every stadium. By far and hands down, the fans that just can't be nice are thee Ohio State fans. Every time I have been there, I have met the most arrogant jerks and people who don't get the spirit of college football. Anyone who booed a senior day don't belong in the stadium in the first place.

I have been to over 55 road games and have seen the best and the worst of each BIG team fan. Minnesota is not the best nor is Wisconsin but certainly our rivals are not the worst. I will say I have had a lot of fun in Madison and never really had any trouble outside the always present asshole who is not really a fan of anything but trouble and seems to be at every stadium. By far and hands down, the fans that just can't be nice are thee Ohio State fans. Every time I have been there, I have met the most arrogant jerks and people who don't get the spirit of college football. Anyone who booed a senior day don't belong in the stadium in the first place.

Agree gopherjay about Buckeye fans. They wear arrogance like a badge of honor.

Doesn't agree with what Ruppert?

It lists Wisconsin as 16. I didn't see TCF on that list. And TCF was built many decades after the Camp.

Doesn't agree with what Ruppert?

It lists Wisconsin as 16. I didn't see TCF on that list. And TCF was built many decades after the Camp.

You said top 10. TCF doesn't have the history yet. Camp Randall is a glorified municipal land fill.

P Wore Maroon & Gold the whole time & the worst thing I saw the entire 3 days was one drunk chick giving Gopher fans the finger at a bar.

She was really cute, and her friends apologized for her, so I enjoyed it.

C'mon badgerdoc. Camp Randall isn't close in quality of facility. I was surprised what a dump it was. The fan experience during the game was great though, although the artificial sound was over the top. The U needs to win consistently and we will have a much better fan experience in the game as well. We will get there :)

As far as the fans went, most were great. A few jerks, but you run into them everywhere. The students we ran into were ridiculous. To be honest, I was most disappointed in some of the Minnesota fans sitting around me. Had our kids there and there were numerous MN groups throwing the f-enheimer around constantly, and instigating arguments, or responding to the few jerks around us. Just ignore the jerks and enjoy the game.

I don't think I said anything about top 10 Ruppert but it is amazing how often the "landfill" shows up in the top ten of any of the stadium lists. ;)

Anyway, I am done posting on the Gopherhole for this year, at least on the football side of the hole.

I really like this site, the Minnesota football program and all that Coach Kill is trying to build. The vast majority of the fans on this site are cool, just as the vast majority of Badger fans are too. The attitude of the Minnesota faithful makes me fondly remember the early days of Alvarez and the chip our long time suffering fan base so proudly wore on our shoulders. You all better get used to the coaching rumor mill and you better pony up the cash it will take to keep Coach Kill around.

Enjoy the ride, but try and give up on the hate thing. We are all lucky to root for fine Big Ten programs. The older I get the more I just enjoy the pageantry and competition and the less I worry about the winning.

Cheers.

This year was my 4th trip to CR. The fans were 20 times better than any other time we had made the trip. In years past, we ran into dozens of people who cuss us out at the game for wearing our colors, throw things at us, etc- but this year, not only did we hardly not encounter a bad apple, plenty of people thanked us for coming and congratulated us on our year. Even when we had one unruly fan at the game, it was other Badger fans who put him in his place for us. By far and away our best experience in Madison.

Top Bottom