Coaching Change Updates

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Interesting I read that TCU's OC could be a candidate for Tulsa HC.

First time seeing Matt Wells (Utah State head coach) mentioned for one of the upper echelon jobs. He is a fantastic coach (and a really good guy) so I think eventually he will get a top tier job but USU is his alma mater so I think it is going to have to be a very good job to get him away.

I bet Craig Bohl is wishing he was having a better season at Wyoming.

Good deal.

A McElwain departure in the next few weeks can only mean good things for the Gophers road trip to Fort Collins next fall. McElwain leaves, along with the star QB and RB graduating, and I would guess most of the CSU football program momentum goes with it.

With a home date against TCU, the Gophers don't need that CSU road game being any more difficult than it needs to be.

Good deal.

A McElwain departure in the next few weeks can only mean good things for the Gophers road trip to Fort Collins next fall. McElwain leaves, along with the star QB and RB graduating, and I would guess most of the CSU football program momentum goes with it.

With a home date against TCU, the Gophers don't need that CSU road game being any more difficult than it needs to be.

I was thinking the same thing. It reminds me of San Jose State the second time around (new coaching staff and QB). There will be a new coaching staff/system so it should be advantageous catching them early in the year.

Go Gophers!!

So... Colorado State dropped the Buyout clause price to the 3million plus Florida wants it to be? Or is Florida going to pay the full 7million plus to pull him away from CSU? Florida already owes Mushamp(sp?) Over 8 million.

UF hired McElwain?!?!? I really thought it was going to be Ara Parseghian. He won a national title.

Lets see, Nebraska has hired a new coach, Florida has hired a new coach, Michigan..........., and Kevin Wilson is still at Indiana.

Lets see, Nebraska has hired a new coach, Florida has hired a new coach, Michigan..........., and Kevin Wilson is still at Indiana.

Maybe Michigan will hire PeLLLLini. 4 loses probably sounds good about now ;)

re: Michigan, take it for what it's worth, but Colin Cowherd said on his radio show:

"There's a very interesting -- and this is not in a message board, you'll find it nowhere -- there's a name right now being circulated in the agent world for Michigan's head coaching job. You will like it if you're at Michigan. You have no idea it's coming. I think it's a really good call, I can't believe I didn't think of it and it will make sense."
What I'm saying is that it will come out this weekend. You'll like it. I think it's a great fit."

http://michigan.247sports.com/Bolt/Colin-Cowherd-teases-secret-Michigan-HC-candidate-33543954

Maybe Michigan will hire PeLLLLini. 4 loses probably sounds good about now ;)

If I was in the market for a coach and Pelini was available. He'd be the first guy I call.

I still think Florida should have hired him. He'd be winning the SEC East in 3 years.

If I was in the market for a coach and Pelini was available. He'd be the first guy I call.

I still think Florida should have hired him. He'd be winning the SEC East in 3 years.

I still think Miles to Michigan and Pelini to LSU would be a win win for both programs. Scott Frost to be OC and coach in waiting at NE?

Les Miles is a Michigan man correct

I still think Miles to Michigan and Pelini to LSU would be a win win for both programs. Scott Frost to be OC and coach in waiting at NE?

If Michigan comes calling on Les Miles does he say no he is staying at LSU or does he take the Michigan job?
IF Miles goes to Michigan does that mean LSU will hire Pellini or do they go another route?

If Michigan comes calling on Les Miles does he say no he is staying at LSU or does he take the Michigan job?
IF Miles goes to Michigan does that mean LSU will hire Pellini or do they go another route?

They have asked Les before and the answer was no. Les Miles will be the LSU Coach. As I wrote before they need to expand their thinking beyond The Michigan Man pool. And believe me Michigan is a long way away from regaining traction. This will be a tough job, they are second in Michigan and of Course TOSU is the ordained power. Penn State is recruiting their butts off. They are who you think they are.

They have asked Les before and the answer was no. Les Miles will be the LSU Coach. As I wrote before they need to expand their thinking beyond The Michigan Man pool. And believe me Michigan is a long way away from regaining traction. This will be a tough job, they are second in Michigan and of Course TOSU is the ordained power. Penn State is recruiting their butts off. They are who you think they are.

Let's not be ridiculous. They're still gonna build classes full of mostly 4* recruits. They're still Michigan. It's gonna take a lot longer than a handful of years of mediocrity to change that.

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Beaty is an amazing recruiter. He will do well. This is our second lower-level (non OC/DC) coach to take a head coaching gig in the past 2-3 years (Polian at Nevada being the other).

Top Bottom