Proud of our Gophers

Jeshurun

King of the Too's
Reaction score
With all the negativity out there, I thought I'd start a thread to share favorite memories from the season and give out kudos to these kids who worked their butts off and did better than any of the media pundits expected. We have the jug, the pig, and the bell.

My favorite memory from this season was putting a whooping on Iowa 51-14. That might be the biggest blowout I've ever seen the Gophers unleash on a Big Ten team. Iowa was in that game for a grand total of 1 drive.

Loved all of Maxx's killer catches this year, and how about David Cobb breaking the single season rushing record? BBC's take away from the Nebraska receiver was also a great moment. Santoso's game winning 52 yard field goal against Purdue.

I've enjoyed the hell out of this season, and it is not over yet.
The program has shown that it certainly can compete on a week to week basis with the best the B1G has to offer. Simply put, they are on the cusp of being considered one of the best the B1G has to offer.

There's way too much positivity in this thread. Knock it off.

With all the negativity out there, I thought I'd start a thread to share favorite memories from the season and give out kudos to these kids who worked their butts off and did better than any of the media pundits expected. We have the jug, the pig, and the bell.

My favorite memory from this season was putting a whooping on Iowa 51-14. That might be the biggest blowout I've ever seen the Gophers unleash on a Big Ten team. Iowa was in that game for a grand total of 1 drive.

Loved all of Maxx's killer catches this year, and how about David Cobb breaking the single season rushing record? BBC's take away from the Nebraska receiver was also a great moment. Santoso's game winning 52 yard field goal against Purdue.

What negativity? Most people are happy with the results from the season. Sure there is disappointment about not beating Wisconsin and there are many (myself included) that have concerns about the QB position but overall the sentiment around here seems pretty positive to me.

Best game for me was winning in Lincoln. Best moments were Maxx's amazing toe drag on a ball he had no business coming close to catching and BBC stealing the ball from the Nebraska receiver to seal the victory.

There's way too much positivity in this thread. Knock it off.

Very, very proud of the team and staff. It's been a great run and a lot of fun along the way.

I think a lot of Gopherhole posters even hate puppies.

It's been a fun season! Watching this team improve each year has been a great fan experience for me. I tell anyone who asks that Gopher football is the best ticket in town right now. It's outdoors, exciting, and the team almost went 7-0 at home.

My highlight of season - the comeback in Nebraska. Coaches are awesome - I saw the improved defensive technique by players in Kill's first season and it has continued. The pass defense - man coverage, defense against the run have been outstanding, individual player development - all several levels above teams w/ coaches of the past. We can win a big ten championship in the next five years with this coaching staff.

Very proud of the Gophers. Great year!! Next year will be something to behold. I know they can do it.

we've come from regularly losing to D-1AA schools to having one program in our division still better than us. Ski-U-Mah, I've enjoyed the journey the killer has taken us on thus far.

Gophers 4th in B1G. Who would've thought.

Watching the kids rally around and truly play for this coaching staff. I can't say enough how much I enjoy Coach Kill (and the staff's) approach. These kids seem like they would run through fire for Coach and that's what's great about each of these wins.

Top Bottom