Big Ten-ACC Challenge starts/resumes tonight (ACC perfect so far)

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
ACC leads the Big Ten 4-0 this season, all at neutral sites:

Louisville 81, Gophers 68 (ACC leads 1-0)
Duke 81, Michigan State 71 (ACC leads 2-0)
Syracuse 66, Iowa 63 (ACC leads 3-0)
Virginia 45, Rutgers 26 (ACC leads 4-0)

Monday
Nebraska (0-0) @ Florida State (0-0), 6 p.m./ESPN2 (projected winner: Nebraska)
Rutgers (0-1) @ Clemson (0-0), 6 p.m./ESPNU (projected winner: Clemson)

On Deck (Tuesday)
Pitt (0-0) @ Indiana (0-0), 6 p.m./ESPN2
Gophers (0-1) @ Wake Forest (0-0), 6 p.m./ESPNU
Syracuse (1-0) @ Michigan (0-0), 6:30 p.m./ESPN
Illinois (0-0) @ Miami (0-0), 8 p.m./ESPN2
NC State (0-0) @ Purdue (0-0), 8 p.m./ESPNU
Ohio State (0-0) @ Louisville (1-0), 8:30 p.m./ESPN

Monday

On Deck (Tuesday)

What in the world happened here? LOL

Rutgers is awful, and Virginia is stellar defensively & often painful to watch offensively.

Monday

On Deck (Tuesday)

The top four are not officially part of the challenge, correct? Must say, I'm not liking the B1G's chances with the remaining matchups, either.

Are they counting those neutral site games as part of the challenge?

No.

Am including it to give a broader picture of the 2 conferences head to head. Officially, the Big Ten needs to split the 14 games (over the next 3 days) to retain the Challenge Cup & bragging rights.

I'm good if Duke beats Wisconsin (although unlikely in Madison) and the rest of the B1G teams win.

Rutgers comes out of nowhere and beats Clemson tonight (at Clemson) 69-64. No one saw that one coming. Good for them. #B1G

Ski-U-Mah!

Nebraska holds off Florida State

Big Ten leads 2-0

Rutgers is awful, and Virginia is stellar defensively & often painful to watch offensively.

Tony Bennett can no longer hide his dreams of becoming Bo Ryan's successor. What better way to show he's ready for the job than a lovely 45-26 thriller?

Tony Bennett can no longer hide his dreams of becoming Bo Ryan's successor. What better way to show he's ready for the job than a lovely 45-26 thriller?

What better way to show your own ignorance and petty jealousy? Have you been seeing what Bo's team has been doing lately? Remember the FF last March?

What better way to show your own ignorance and petty jealousy? Have you been seeing what Bo's team has been doing lately? Remember the FF last March?

If I recall correctly, you lost. Too bad so sad. It would be hard for me to be a Sconnie fan because Bo ball is so frickin ugly I can't watch it. Granted I don't drink until I'm .2 either, so I wouldn't be a good Wisconsinite.

Well I'm happy to learn that you love to watch the team you've got in the NIT. Personally, I prefer to root for Bo and his team in the real tourney. To each his own, I guess.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Wisconsin made the final four last year?!?! Oh my. Thank goodness you were here to respond to a joke about low scoring games to remind us all of that. Geez, where would we all be without your readiness to share your wisdom oh great Badger fan? Minnesota nice? No. Wisconsin nice is the real thing. I sure hope the next time someone jokes about Bo Ryan looking like the grinch you return again to share your FF experiences with us all.

This statement is absolutely 100% relevant to what's being discussed in this thread. Well done.

[/sarcasm]

I'll never understand why fans post on their rival's boards. Especially in the way this Badger fan did.

Big Ten vs. ACC (through Day 1 of Challenge)

Monday Results
Rutgers 69, Clemson 64
Nebraska 70, Florida State 65

Tonight
Pitt @ Indiana, 6/ESPN2
Gophers @ Wake Forest, 6/ESPNU
Syracuse @ Michigan, 6:30/ESPN
Illinois @ Miami, 8/ESPN2
NC State @ Purdue, 8/ESPNU
Ohio State @ Louisville, 8:30/ESPN

On Deck (Wednesday)
Michigan State @ Notre Dame, 6:15/ESPN2
Virginia Tech @ Penn State, 6:15/ESPNU
Iowa @ North Carolina, 6:30/ESPN
Virginia @ Maryland, 8:15/ESPN2
Georgia Tech @ Northwestern, 8:15/ESPNU
Duke @ Wisconsin, 8:30/ESPN

The Tally
Overall: ACC leads 4-2
Challenge Only: Big Ten leads 2-0

A Final Four, all those Rose Bowls and still too insecure to take a joke? Wow. It must be tough living in Wisconsin. Best of luck.

I don't like counting the other 4 non Challenge games in the total for these 2 conferences. Out of those previous 4 games played I would only think that the Syracuse - Iowa game was one between evenly match competition. MSU is down this year and not our best while Duke is probably the ACC's best. Virginia vs. Rutgers? seriously Virginia should be wining that game by 30+. Louisville vs. MN is like a 2 seed vs. a 7 seed. Maybe you could argue for 1 vs. 4 or 1 vs. 5 but you get the point, Louisville is better and should win that game.

Let's see how these conferences play out when the match-ups are supposed to be closer in competition.

I don't like counting the other 4 non Challenge games in the total for these 2 conferences. Out of those previous 4 games played I would only think that the Syracuse - Iowa game was one between evenly match competition. MSU is down this year and not our best while Duke is probably the ACC's best. Virginia vs. Rutgers? seriously Virginia should be wining that game by 30+. Louisville vs. MN is like a 2 seed vs. a 7 seed. Maybe you could argue for 1 vs. 4 or 1 vs. 5 but you get the point, Louisville is better and should win that game.

Let's see how these conferences play out when the match-ups are supposed to be closer in competition.

I agree.

Otherwise it would have been nice to have some more Big Ten matchups against Florida State, Boston College, Pittsburgh, etc.

I'll never understand why fans post on their rival's boards. Especially in the way this Badger fan did.

Well, he did post something complementary elsewhere on this board, but something about Wisconsin just rankles primitive emotions within some people here. I grew up on the East and graduated from Iowa so none of this crap means anything to me. I just live in Minnesota, enjoy watching the Gophers, and love college basketball. All this silly juvenile border garbage than some of you get so wound up about is a pure waste of emotional energy.

Yep. And this giving me some pause about OSU. Still appear offensively challenged.

Still trying to figure it who'll finish 2nd in the Big Ten behind Wisconsin. Badgers only Big Ten team without major warts.

Need Purdue to win. 6-2 would be tough for ACC to come back, but 5-3 not so much.

Top Bottom