Missing OSU football player found dead in dumpster. Apparent self-inflicted gun shot

Just horrible.

Police said he died of a single gunshot wound that appears to be self-inflicted. The gun was found in the dumpster. Karageorge’s body was identified in part because of his tattoos.The walk-on senior defensive lineman was reported missing by his family after he left his apartment about 2 a.m. Wednesday. Shortly before he left, he sent a text to his mother apologizing “ if I am an embarrassment, but these concussions have my head all f---ed up.”

Karageorge, 22, graduated from Thomas Worthington High School and wrestled for three years as a Buckeye before joining the football team in August. He appeared in one game, against Penn State.

The awful side of the game! So sorry for his family...so sad.

Never mind. Please merge or delete. Did not see the other thread.

Sad. Prayers to his family.

Have to hope it wasn't anything worse than self-inflicted.

Terrible. Feel for his family

Would that make him more dead?

Suicide would mean he took his own life and didn't want to live, murder would mean someone else killed an innocent, happy man. Doesn't take a genius to figure that out... Knowing a good friend of mine who took his own life earlier this year, I can't even imagine what it would be like to have to deal with a friend being murdered - not that the end result is any different.

You have to feel for the Ohio State Team, their fans, but most importantly the young man's family. Hearts and prayers go out to them during this grieving time.

Suicide would mean he took his own life and didn't want to live, murder would mean someone else killed an innocent, happy man. Doesn't take a genius to figure that out... Knowing a good friend of mine who took his own life earlier this year, I can't even imagine what it would be like to have to deal with a friend being murdered - not that the end result is any different.

I find the differentiation odd. Happy, unhappy. Suicide, murder. Still tragic. Still dead.

I find the differentiation odd. Happy, unhappy. Suicide, murder. Still tragic. Still dead.

Still dead, yes. Effect on on family and friends, different. One he wanted to be dead, the other he did not.

Still dead, yes. Effect on on family and friends, different. One he wanted to be dead, the other he did not.

You are both right. But out of respect for the tragically deceased, can this argument stop, please?

You are both right. But out of respect for the tragically deceased, can this argument stop, please?
Definitely. Wasn't trying to argue, just said I hope it doesn't turn into anything more.

The awful side of the game! So sorry for his family...so sad.

Damn. Concussions, the dark side of football indeed. In the NFL, Mike Webster, Terry Long, Andre Waters, Dave Duerson, Ray Easterling, Junior Seau and Javon Belcher have all committed suicide within the past 10 years, and all were found in post-mortem examinations to have CTE caused by repeated head trauma due to football. Helmet technology has never been able to keep up with how much stronger and faster players are continually becoming, and the increasingly violent nature of the game as a result.

I feel just terribly for this young man. May God bless him, his family, friends, teammates, and all the survivors left behind him.

Damn. Concussions, the dark side of football indeed. In the NFL, Mike Webster, Terry Long, Andre Waters, Dave Duerson, Ray Easterling, Junior Seau and Javon Belcher have all committed suicide within the past 10 years, and all were found in post-mortem examinations to have CTE caused by repeated head trauma due to football. Helmet technology has never been able to keep up with how much stronger and faster players are continually becoming, and the increasingly violent nature of the game as a result.

I feel just terribly for this young man. May God bless him, his family, friends, teammates, and all the survivors left behind him.

True, but note this was his first season playing football at Ohio State. He wrestled his previous seasons at the school.

True, but note this was his first season playing football at Ohio State. He wrestled his previous seasons at the school.

Correct. I believe I read he only played in one game for them against Penn State. In unfortunate circumstances like this, no one will really ever know what all of the exact reasons were for him to apparently take his life or if it was a series of underlying causes (perhaps a number of concussions being one of them) and/or other factors such as pre-existing things like depression, bi-polar disorder, etc. Terrible nonetheless. Heart goes out to his family and the OSU community.

Hard to believe the coaches weren't more aware of his condition.

Top Bottom