Gophers at #25 in Coaches Poll

Nice...thought we would be ahead of Nebraska though.

Nice! This nearly guarantees that we will be top 25 in the CFP poll. By the way some here reacted after the loss I would have thought we were a top 50 team.

Nebraska has a better record, 9-3 vs. 8-4.

Still ahead of them in the conference standing and I'm sure 99% of husker fans would have us ranked ahead of them. They wouldn't have 9 wins if they played TCU. Also BTN and ESPN have us ahead of them in the conference power rankings.

Still ahead of them in the conference standing and I'm sure 99% of husker fans would have us ranked ahead of them. They wouldn't have 9 wins if they played TCU.

agreed. this might sound a bit crazy, but i honestly think some on the CFP committee probably give us more credit for a somewhat "respectable" loss AT tcu (all while turning the ball over 5 times thus giving tcu starting position in our end of the field on their scoring drives) than they give nebraska for needing a last second miracle run by abdullah to eek out a win against mcneese state.

For end of season recognition, the coaches and AP matter more. For mid season recognition, the CFP poll matters more.

Win the bowl game and we'll be top 25 in the AP at the end of the year and that's a big deal for program recognition.

Top Bottom