How loud was that music yesterday?

Some guy

Reaction score
Do you think I have grounds to sue the University of Wisconsin for hearing loss?

Brutal music. Brutal atmosphere. It was my 5th trip to Madison. I can't remember the music being that loud the previous 4...did anyone else think it was obnoxious?

I watched the game on TV and the music sounded like it was on level 11. Super loud. I have been to a game there and the music didn't seem abnormally loud. Last night appeared to be much different.

I posted in another thread as well about this. I have never heard anything like that. It wasn't like that in past years at UW. They barely let their band play. Much different collegiate experience at a place like Nebraska.

Go Gophers!!

I posted in another thread as well about this. I have never heard anything like that. It wasn't like that in past years at UW. They barely let their band play. Much different collegiate experience at a place like Nebraska. Go Gophers!!

I concur with this Bleed. It was about twice as loud as a Vikings game. The only thing missing was an air raid siren. Lots of artificial noise. It was cranked up to 11 for sure.

I thought is was over the line. Very obvious that they played the noise at an extremely high level (more than the crowd could generate) until the Minnesota huddle broke. Talk about win at all costs. Most obnoxious in the 4th quarter. Kind of fits right in with all the drunk skunks. Our sound system is purposely not nearly as loud, and if I remember correctly, the Gophers had to dial down the volume due to complaints from the neighbors. Still proud of all the Minnesota fans in attendance.

I thought is was over the line. Very obvious that they played the noise at an extremely high level (more than the crowd could generate) until the Minnesota huddle broke. Talk about win at all costs. Most obnoxious in the 4th quarter. Kind of fits right in with all the drunk skunks. Our sound system is purposely not nearly as loud, and if I remember correctly, the Gophers had to dial down the volume due to complaints from the neighbors. Still proud of all the Minnesota fans in attendance.

It was very obnoxious. It wasn't just louder than what the crowd could generate (many places do that including us), it was so loud that it actually seemed quiet in the stadium when they shut it off. Really hurt the atmosphere.

Sat amid the red yesterday and they were complaining about it as well. That said, I thought the atmosphere was fabulous...fans handled themselves with class...Gophers not quite there yet.

Sat amid the red yesterday and they were complaining about it as well. That said, I thought the atmosphere was fabulous...fans handled themselves with class...Gophers not quite there yet.

Definitely louder than usual.

What??? Speak up!!
Holy Sh*t that was ridiculous! I have been to rock concerts that weren't that loud. Never been to Madison before, was in the opposite endzone from the speakers and it was deafening to the point of amusement, it totally overpowered the crowd noise. Great game, great crowd, nice stadium (except speaker noise), we'll get 'em next year in the Bank, I have no doubts.

Go Gophers!

I didn't really pay attention to the music during the game, it was louder than at the Bank, but I really noticed it during warm ups... there were some songs that it sounded like they turned the bass level so high up it broke something in the speakers. Your entire body should not be shaking from bad bass during warm up songs.

I noticed the same thing at Iowa last week. Very loud and very "not of my generation" songs. :)

Annoyingly obnoxious. I walked into that place and noted not only that the music was ear-drum bursting loud, but the choice
of music was awful. NO QUESTION they amped it up for the Gopher huddles. A 100% commitment to that throughout the game.
Legal? Perhaps. Ethical and in the spirit of good sportsmanship? No way.

I wouldn't have brought young kids to that game knowing what I know now about that noise.

Really stinking loud, couldn't hear some of the people around us during the game.

Typical Minneapolis Residents to complain about noise.....Mind you that the Bank is mostly in an industrial area where its research buildings and a train yard.....yet those few residents to the north still have to pipe up and complain that "OOOH the horror, for 3 hours on a Saturday we have to hear the noise from the Stadium!" Then again I shouldn't expect any different, I get to talk to them nightly while at work when they call about their neighbor doing home improvements at 7pm in the summer and that saw just makes so much noise!

Even Wisky fans thought it was a bit much....I was there

Top Bottom