If you were Kill and if ou were offered Neb job, would you take it?

Stan

Reaction score
I've seen 3-4 national reporters tweet that Kill would be a great fit for Nebraska.

Given his health, the pressure to win in Nebraska, the loyalty and admiration our fans and admin have towards Kill, would you leave all that for a bit more money and better facilities?

No because I love what a metro area has to offer. That's not how coaches think however. It's about money and challenge.

dont think kill is going anywhere

No but I bet this helps fundraising for the new facilities.

If I was offered it, I would take it. But I don't think he'll be offered it.

I don't think I would for the sake that he's not a sexy name and his 5 year plan is not going to fly in Nebraska. You're exPected to win from the word go there and that is likely going to scare off not only a guy like kill but many others

I don't think I would for the sake that he's not a sexy name and his 5 year plan is not going to fly in Nebraska. You're exPected to win from the word go there and that is likely going to scare off not only a guy like kill but many others

This. Imagine if he goes 7-5 his first season, no brick by brick in Lincoln.

a follow up question-- If Kills takes the NU job would we want Bo to come here-- I think Bo is the best available coach out there right now and I would take him if Kill leaves

a follow up question-- If Kills takes the NU job would we want Bo to come here-- I think Bo is the best available coach out there right now and I would take him if Kill leaves

Yes. Yes I would. I'd even let him tell us we have crappy fans. I'd let him say it multiple times.

If I was offered, I'd take it.
Probably an extra million a year, and no one is guaranteed anything in college football. Just your next contract.

Reason #1 I do it is so my assistants can all double their salaries.

The only thing holding me back is my loyalty to the U, but who knows how strong that is.

Kill has left quickly in his two previous jobs, so hard to say.

If he left, this would be the right year to do it with a couple good jobs out there.

Especially if he brings his 4 five star recruits with him -- still not sure why they let him go but that many 9 win season would be nice to get used to including his bowl victories. Have to think in the short term it will hurt Neb on the field but have a suspicion they have a big name guy ready to step in by the beginning of Jan

Yes I would take it.

Minnesota not even in the same neighborhood with what Nebraska could offer at this point and it wouldn't require a 5 year plan to win there. Nebraska is not some total rebuild job.

Yes I would take it.

Minnesota not even in the same neighborhood with what Nebraska could offer at this point and it wouldn't require a 5 year plan to win there. Nebraska is not some total rebuild job.

Not a total rebuild. But think it is a bit short sighted to think there isn't some type of rebuilding to be done in Lincoln. Imo, there are some deficiencies in their current roster and schemes.

Yes I would take it.

Kill rebuilds programs and is not going to change. He changes the culture. He would not win year 1 and NE fans would go nuts.

Not a total rebuild. But think it is a bit short sighted to think there isn't some type of rebuilding to be done in Lincoln. Imo, there are some deficiencies in their current roster and schemes.

Your point is fair but I guess it depends on how someone wants to define "rebuilding". This is a program coming off of 6 straight 9 win seasons.

Kill rebuilds programs and is not going to change. He changes the culture. He would not win year 1 and NE fans would go nuts.

That isn't saying much for Kill is it. Not being able to win year 1 at a program that has 6 straight 9 win seasons. I doubt Kill would have trouble winning year 1 at Nebraska.

Kill hasn't won big games vs upper echelon coaches, particularly on the road. No bowl wins and never made it to title game at FCS level. Don't think that's what NE is looking for. If I'm NE AD I wouldn't be looking at Kill. Plus, why would Kill want that pressure and those expectations??? At this point, I have every confidence in Teague and Kaler even if he made an unwise decision to leave. Biggest thing we need is facilities upgrade, without that, I would leave. Hiring Pelini would be awful and cause me to lose interest.

No I wouldn't take it because a coach who just won 9 games for 7 seasons in a row got fired. I also don't think Kill will take it if offered but it could help push the facility timeline even a little more.

I just dont see him leaving. He hasn't finished this rebuild yet, and i think that is important to him. Not to mention we stuck by him through all his health issues. Kill is a loyal gu, just don't see him going.

Im a Jerry Kill fan but he did not rebuild Northern Illinois. Coach Joe Novak had produced several NFL players and had NIU ranked #10 in the country at one time. Novak rebuilt NIU Coach Kill just maintained it.

Obviously, I hope Kill stays, but if we have two more years of 30% passing completion, Kill's seat here could even get warm in today's climate of college football.

Im a Jerry Kill fan but he did not rebuild Northern Illinois. Coach Joe Novak had produced several NFL players and had NIU ranked #10 in the country at one time. Novak rebuilt NIU Coach Kill just maintained it.

Novak was 16-21 in last 3 seasons. 2-10 in final. Kill rebuilt it.

Obviously, I hope Kill stays, but if we have two more years of 30% passing completion, Kill's seat here could even get warm in today's climate of college football.

Correct.
If he has an opportunity for a payday at a helmet school and 4 years of heat free football he would be stupid not to take it IMO.

Gophers were a few plays away from 11-1 this season.
They were a few plays away from 5-7 this year too.

It would look bad if he left for a division rival. Florida would be different. He will need to do better than 8 wins to actually get offered jobs by this though. He would need an 11 or at least 10 win season to get big time offers I believe. Plus his health issues would scare a lot of teams away.

Rebecca ain't leaving. Period.

Whatever Becca wants, Becca gets.

Bogus topic that borders on the line of extreme paranoia. Kill is not even on their wish list. I think the only coaching job Kill would remotely consider is the Kansas job. And that job would be a bigger rebuilding job than Minnesota. With his health situation he doesn't need the stress.

Bogus topic that borders on the line of extreme paranoia. Kill is not even on their wish list. I think the only coaching job Kill would remotely consider is the Kansas job. And that job would be a bigger rebuilding job than Minnesota. With his health situation he doesn't need the stress.

You think kill wouldn't consider Nebraska but would consider Kansas?

I agree with you kill is not being considered by Nebraska.

Nebraska has two problems right now:
Mediocre QB play
Can't beat Wisconsin

I don't see how kill fixes either of those problems.

Nebraska is a better job than the U. Kansas, not so much. He seems to be much better in terms of his health, but that is a big red flag to a school like Nebraska.

Top Bottom