the refs

nasa35

Reaction score
I hate to blame the refs....but even with our terrible passing I honestly believe they lost the game for us. The facemask at the five, the play clock at zero before the snap on that 70 yard pass, the first down we had but the ball was placed two yards back (challenge KILL!) and Cobb gets stuffed on the next, we punt instead of still driving. And the Wisky O-Line was allowed to literally tackle our d-line. No, we win if those critical play the stinking refs called, were called correctly.

I can't believe Tim Brewster wasn't also included in the blame.

Nope? The hands to the face and spot were covered exhaustively in the linked thread. The pictures I posted on the hands to the face show that not only did he engage his face while the play was still live, he also grabbed his facemask. The spot was bad, but why didn't Kill challenge it? As for holds, there were 3 blocking (as opposed to defensive) holds called in the game. All 3 were on Wisconsin.

Nope? The hands to the face and spot were covered exhaustively in the linked thread. The pictures I posted on the hands to the face show that not only did he engage his face while the play was still live, he also grabbed his facemask. The spot was bad, but why didn't Kill challenge it? As for holds, there were 3 blocking (as opposed to defensive) holds called in the game. All 3 were on Wisconsin.

Don't even bother trying. There is a segment of the board that believe every time the Gophers lose the refs and Brewster are to blame.

Don't even bother trying. There is a segment of the board that believe every time the Gophers lose the refs and Brewster are to blame.

+1 The whole blame the ref thing gets old.

Top Bottom