Shooter: Ex-Gophers coach Tim Brewster envisions return to top spot

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shooter:

"I'm in a good place," Brewster said from Tallahasse. "I'm excited about what we're doing here. I think I'll have an opportunity to be a head coach again and certainly will be a better one than I was the first time (at Minnesota).

"My mentors -- Mike Shanahan's as good a football coach as there is in the world and he's been fired three times -- and Marty Schottenheimer, he's been fired three or four times. Being fired does not define you.

"Experience is the key in life, and the experience I had as the head football coach at Minnesota will be invaluable to me for my next opportunity. You live and you learn -- that's what life's all about."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_27035906/charley-walters-ex-gophers-coach-tim-brewster-envisions

Go Gophers!!

Interesting coincidence that this story hits right about the same time that Bo Pelini is fired. And if you think about it, Gainesville is not that far away for Tallahassee .

He's not smart enough to be a big-time coach.

There's a magical IQ number that's ideal for head coaches.

You have to be smart enough to out-smart your opponents, but not too smart that you get bored with the juvenile job.

Any D1 AD that extends a HC position to that moron should be fired. Jerry Kill was/is the anti-Brewster: Substance over Talk. A great case study exists in MN on who to/ not to hire for a HC position.

Top Bottom