Reusse blog: Biggest change: Gophers did not fade away

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Pat:

What’s different about these Gophers the last two seasons than their predecessors can be summarized succinctly:

When knocked to the deck, they have refused to stay there.

I’m saying they win a bowl game this time, mostly because Botticelli, Thompson and Wilson, Cobb, Epping and Olson, and a few other senior warriors, will refuse to leave without having done so

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/284246501.html

Go Gophers!!

Pat thinks Maxx is gone.

I would understand.

If he's the consensus #1 TE in the draft (IF), then he has to go.

I'd argue if he is a 1st or 2nd rounder he goes, felt the same about Rashede.

Yep.

Anyway, here’s what truly impresses:In 2013, the Gophers stunk it out in the Big Ten opener at home vs. Iowa, stunk it out at Michigan, and you looked at the schedule and wondered if 0-8 in the conference was an actual possibility. And then the Gophers came out of a bye week and put together a four-game conference winning streak that included a historic victory over Nebraska.

This season, the Gophers started 2-0 in the Big Ten, then needed a big rally to edge an awful Purdue team 39-38 at TCF Bank Stadium, and then lost to an awful Illinois team on the road.

You saw those two games of putridity in October, and looked at the finish – Iowa, Ohio State, Nebraska and Wisconsin – and figured it was a 50-50 shot to lose all four.

As in 2013, the Gophers rallied from two weeks of lousiness. They overwhelmed Iowa, provided a challenge for Ohio State, beat up Nebraska in the second half, and hung with Wisconsin for most of the game (by hanging on for dear life vs. Melvin).

Top Bottom