First Road Trip

wdgold

Reaction score
As a season ticket holder this was my first road game trip. My son and I, overall, had a good time and had a positive experience with the badger fans around us with one in particular very impressed what Kill had done with the program. We plan on another one next year, probably Iowa.

3rd time there, and the fans were a 180 from previous experiences - very nice and respectful of our program.

The Badger fans were awesome. I have nothing bad to say about their actions.

Most Badger fans I encountered were better behaved than me.

Had a similar experience and it was weird. Everyone was very complementing about our program and said they felt lucky they pulled that one out. Then when we were leaving our row they all shook our hands and said "hope you have a safe trip back, thanks for coming". It was like the twilight zone. With that said man is their stadium a dump.

We encountered a few bad Badger fans, but overall they were respectful and relatively civilized. As others have said, it was completely different from past years. And yes, stadium is an absolute dump!

The only bad Badger fans I have encountered are the ones living in or are from Minnesota.

I've been on the road to Wisconsin, Iowa, Northwestern, Illinois, and Ohio State. I completely agree that fans of those teams are actually very friendly and courteous when you see them on their own turf. The Ohio State fans were especially gracious even though the Gophers beat them that day when they were undefeated and ranked #6. Most of the trouble with opposing fans seems to be when they come here and many of those seem to be local alumns and fans rather than those who traveled.

Top Bottom