Officiating

maliksealy

Reaction score
image.jpg
Play clock at zero before snap on huge play to Ericson.

image.jpg
Fruechte comes back for catch and gets knees down a full yard past marker and ref marks him short, and we end up punting.

Not pictured is the week hands to the face call on Olson that took a first and goal from the 5 into a FG.

I have to ask. Was the pic of the playclock the one they use from the stadium or not. remember, they go by what the stadium play clock is, not the play clock on TV. so that why i am asking.

They did missed the delay of game.

I have to ask. Was the pic of the playclock the one they use from the stadium or not. remember, they go by what the stadium play clock is, not the play clock on TV. so that why i am asking.

Who's to say...all I see is two of the same pictures.

Stadium clock and play clock on Btn should be exactly in sync. Otherwise what's the point of using it?

That's a terrible spot. Someone needed to tell Jerry to challenge that. Less critical call, but if you watched the play where Gordon was hurt, Wiscy lineman had a big fistful of Richardson's jersey.

It was bad but not bad enough to change the outcome. We had the chance to win the game in our hands and couldn't quite get it done.

View attachment 3167
Play clock at zero before snap on huge play to Ericson.

View attachment 3167
Fruechte comes back for catch and gets knees down a full yard past marker and ref marks him short, and we end up punting.

Not pictured is the week hands to the face call on Olson that took a first and goal from the 5 into a FG.

I am sure Wisconsin fans could find examples of missed or bad calls that went our way as well. As for the 3 cited:

Play Clock: Would have to know if the TV one was the exact same as the stadium one, could certainly have been missed.

Fruechte spot: I agree it wasn't a great spot, we had every right to challenge the call and didn't.

Hands to the face: Weak call yes but you can see on the replay where he does grab the guys facemask on the way down.

Don't see the point of complaining about the officiating, they were not the reason we lost this one and were no worse then any other game. Also didn't think the calls were slanted in Wisconsin's favor either as there were lots of calls that went against them as well.

Venture Capital guy: Ever the contrarian. You keep up the good fight. ;)

I am sure Wisconsin fans could find examples of missed or bad calls that went our way as well. As for the 3 cited:

Play Clock: Would have to know if the TV one was the exact same as the stadium one, could certainly have been missed.

Fruechte spot: I agree it wasn't a great spot, we had every right to challenge the call and didn't.

Hands to the face: Weak call yes but you can see on the replay where he does grab the guys facemask on the way down.

Don't see the point of complaining about the officiating, they were not the reason we lost this one and were no worse then any other game. Also didn't think the calls were slanted in Wisconsin's favor either as there were lots of calls that went against them as well.

What calls went against WI?

Google the name Dave Witvoet, the referee for today's game. He has quite a history.

The refs got it right more than 1 out of every 3 times, which is more than our QB can say when throwing the ball. We need to play a much better game and still lose for me to be ready to blame officials.

We got some bad calls, but the officiating did not lose us the game. MN not being able to pass the ball nor stop Wis' passing is what cost us the game.

That long pass with 0 time on the play clock was huge! Given a penalty we may have held them and still had a 14 point lead at halftime or more.

Yeah the Freuchte spot was a joke. I immediately rewound it to confirm. The ref was right there too! Ugh.

If I could change anything about the game it wouldn't be the refs, good teams overcome bad calls, it would be our quarterback play or lack thereof .

What calls went against WI?

Face mask on Clement on 3rd and very long. Would have given the Badgers a first down inside Gopher territory. Instead the Badgers punted. Looks like the guy who got the Gopher face mask on the punt return might have been held. There's a lot of holding in football-- don't know how the choose what to call.

Outside of the Tommy O face mask, I did not have one issue with officiating.

Outside of the Tommy O face mask, I did not have one issue with officiating.

Huh? I have read on several threads on this board complaints about this call. I have no idea why anybody is complaining. He did not try to, but he CLEARLY grabbed the guys facemask. If the roles were reversed, this board would be going crazy if it was NOT called. Maxy, I know you are an official, and I am shocked by this post.

Poor coaching not to challenge the Freuchte spot. Can't complain when all u have to do is challenge it.

Huh? I have read on several threads on this board complaints about this call. I have no idea why anybody is complaining. He did not try to, but he CLEARLY grabbed the guys facemask. If the roles were reversed, this board would be going crazy if it was NOT called. Maxy, I know you are an official, and I am shocked by this post.

That call was weak. It's a safety call, but inadvertent and did not jar the head. He was blocking a guy going to the ground. Now you know the gray areas..

The spot was bad on the Fruechte catch, but that is on the replay official. Hard to tell when control is made.

That call was weak. It's a safety call, but inadvertent and did not jar the head. He was blocking a guy going to the ground. Now you know the gray areas..

The spot was bad on the Fruechte catch, but that is on the replay official. Hard to tell when control is made.

A weak call? His hands were on the players mask and his head turned. What more do you need?

Answer the question Maxy...if the roles were reversed, you would be screaming bloody murder if it was not called.

Answer the question Maxy...if the roles were reversed, you would be screaming bloody murder if it was not called.

It was hands to the face, not facemasking. He pushed at his facemask as they were both going to the ground.

Maxy is right. Weak call.

Top Bottom