I'm proud of this team

Go Gophers Rah

Section 238 Row 21
Reaction score
A few of them are fantastic athletes, but most of them are scrappy lunchpail guys that continued to play hard-nosed football all season long. What team accomplished more with the calibur of players we have recruited?

They exceeded my preseason expectations and I suspect they will continue to get better every year.

• Jug
  • Floyd (and 50+ points on the Hawkeyes)
  • Road win versus a ranked Nebraska
  • A chance at a 9-win season

Of course I would have loved to win this game (more for the Axe than for the trip to Indy, I must admit), but this is a team that I am proud to cheer for.

Rah!

A few of them are fantastic athletes, but most of them are scrappy lunchpail guys that continued to play hard-nosed football all season long. What team accomplished more with the calibur of players we have recruited?

They exceeded my preseason expectations and I suspect they will continue to get better every year.

• Jug

Of course I would have loved to win this game (more for the Axe than for the trip to Indy, I must admit), but this is a team that I am proud to cheer for.

Rah!

+1

We appear to have achieved Mason like success. Let's see how long the fans stick with it this time around.
Most of us know it is brick by brick. Apparently you're not on board with that. I thought we had a good year.

We appear to have achieved Mason like success. Let's see how long the fans stick with it this time around.
Expectations this year said we'd win 7,we exceeded with a shot at going to Indy. If we're playing for a division title every year, I'm more than happy with that

Every fan base has greedy fans who expect perfect seasons. Those aren't real fans anyway if you ask me. This has been a very good season and a bowl victory would be very in encouraging.

Disappointing to lose today but doesn't change the fact that this was a very good season and a step in the right direction. Going into those last 4 games I thought we would come out at 1-3 so getting 2 of them is very encouraging considering who we played and where we played them.

I do feel like we need to win the bowl game this year to really put the final touch on a very nice season overall. There is still plenty of work to be done and it is very clear that either Leidner needs to take a major step forward in his development in the off season or they need to have a better option ready to go at the QB position next season because the passing game absolutely has to improve. And while it isn't all Leidner it is foolish to pretend the QB position isn't a major piece of the puzzle. Going to need some of these young WR to pan out as well because the current group leaves a lot to be desired. Lots of options at RB, question is will any of them be able to duplicate what Cobb did this year.

Given where we finished this year we should head into next season expecting to be a factor in the West chase and potentially in the Big Ten title chase as well. So while it was a bummer to end the regular season the way we did, the season to date has met or exceeded most peoples (I felt 7-5 was minimum record that could be considered a success) expectations. Now let's hope for a premium destination and a great bowl game. Will be interesting to see how the new process for bowl selection plays out.

2014 season = success, 2015 expectations raised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Jug

Rah!

Great. That is fine. Just an FYI...Upsets are not illegal. Ohio State tried to lose and we did not beat them. We had a 17-3 lead today and lost. At some point, we NEED to win one of these games. Losing 11 straight to Wisconsin is inexcusable, and I hate it.

Every fan base has greedy fans who expect perfect seasons. Those aren't real fans anyway if you ask me. This has been a very good season and a bowl victory would be very in encouraging.

Sound like the entire Badger fan base to me. They've earned that right though.

Very good season, surpassed expectations. With a bowl win I'll give it an A-, which is much better than most Gopher football seasons.

We definitely have to be proud of this team that took their head coach's identity. Brick by brick, these kids worked hard, fought hard, and have gotten our attention as they got better and better.

They might not be the most talented bunch in B1G. But, they played with heart and determination.

There is optimism for the future.

Imagine what this coaching staff can do with higher level talent infusion.

In Kill We Trust!

Very good season, surpassed expectations. With a bowl win I'll give it an A-, which is much better than most Gopher football seasons.

That's exactly the way I feel.

Great. That is fine. Just an FYI...Upsets are not illegal. Ohio State tried to lose and we did not beat them. We had a 17-3 lead today and lost. At some point, we NEED to win one of these games. Losing 11 straight to Wisconsin is inexcusable, and I hate it.

Sounds like you should take up a hobby that distracts you from college football. We had an upset last week. We were practically a 2 touchdown underdog.

This is just entertainment and this team was mostly entertaining this year. Think of them like a really nice "B" motion picture. I don't expect to see Lawrence of Arabia or Schindler's List every time I go to the movie theater.

Sounds like you should take up a hobby that distracts you from college football. We had an upset last week. We were practically a 2 touchdown underdog.

This is just entertainment and this team was mostly entertaining this year. Think of them like a really nice "B" motion picture. I don't expect to see Lawrence of Arabia or Schindler's List every time I go to the movie theater.

I will take it under consideration. For what it is worth, anybody with half a brain knows that the line last week was a joke. Same as the line today, my mind was blown.

That being said, the program is on the right track. However, it is OK to win a game your are not supposed to against Wisconsin. I hate them. We need to beat them.

Expectations this year said we'd win 7,we exceeded with a shot at going to Indy. If we're playing for a division title every year, I'm more than happy with that

Agreed as well. Next year may be another 7 or 8, just hope no steps back.

Lines in sports are never a joke. There are very serious dollars gambled against them. If Vegas placed "joke" lines on the games they would lose their ass, and you could be a
Millionaire.

Lines in sports are never a joke. There are very serious dollars gambled against them. If Vegas placed "joke" lines on the games they would lose their ass, and you could be a Millionaire.

But that doesn't help his narrative.

Fine, you got me...I am sick and tired of losing to Wisconsin and seemingly not yet getting a signature win. I 100% agree that the program is on the right track. I just want a win over a top 10-15ish team. It happens, teams rise up. We will get there, I just wanted it to happen yesterday.

Lets all just be honest for a minute. When you looked at the last three games of the year, Nebraska was by far the easiest on paper and most people I talked to were shocked that was a double digit line and that the Wisconsin line got to 16 in some places before kickoff.

Side note, it will be one heck of a season opener next year hosting TCU. What should be two top25 teams to kick off the season on a Thursday evening.

Fine, you got me...I am sick and tired of losing to Wisconsin and seemingly not yet getting a signature win. I 100% agree that the program is on the right track. I just want a win over a top 10-15ish team. It happens, teams rise up. We will get there, I just wanted it to happen yesterday.

Lets all just be honest for a minute. When you looked at the last three games of the year, Nebraska was by far the easiest on paper and most people I talked to were shocked that was a double digit line and that the Wisconsin line got to 16 in some places before kickoff.

Side note, it will be one heck of a season opener next year hosting TCU. What should be two top25 teams to kick off the season on a Thursday evening.

Tell us how much $ you made on these joke lines? You must have bet it knowing what you said was so obvious to you, right?

Tell us how much $ you made on these joke lines? You must have bet it knowing what you said was so obvious to you, right?

Nothing.

Sorry to get some of you all riled up. I just do not see what is wrong with wanting a victory over a top 15 team. The Nebraska win was a good win, an upset even. We are ready to take the next step. I was just frustrated losing to Wisconsin...again.

Top Bottom