Wisconsin's band in the block M playing the rouser

gophersfan

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Nothing but total assh*les in the entire state.

We also play the opposing song of each big ten opponent during pregame.

Absolutely nothing wrong with what their band did.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but I don't think the insult is playing our rouser. Everyone does that. The insult is that that isn't our M. That's Michigan's M.

Wisconsin Band always plays opposing fight song during pregame. For like the last 70 years. Thanks for your support.

Also played in the pre-game concert at Union South. I suppose if an opposing band traveled to Madison they wouldn't play the opposition fight song on the field, but otherwise if the music exists, they practice and play it.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but I don't think the insult is playing our rouser. Everyone does that. The insult is that that isn't our M. That's Michigan's M.

For the sake of fairness, it would seem that Michigan's "M" would be easier to reproduce than our "M."

Regardless, I do think this is one of the better Big 10 band business practices.

seriously, we have all these issues and you are worried about god damned college band

i was at the game and was a bit disappointed how poorly the WI band played The Rouser. Two MN band members were sitting in front of me and said someone they know in the WI band showed them the sheet music and they said the notes are not the way we play it. I noticed at other away games they mess up our fight song. Michigan's band has probably done the worst job IMHO.

i was at the game and was a bit disappointed how poorly the WI band played The Rouser. Two MN band members were sitting in front of me and said someone they know in the WI band showed them the sheet music and they said the notes are not the way we play it. I noticed at other away games they mess up our fight song. Michigan's band has probably done the worst job IMHO.
This is pretty standard actually across the board. Most of the arrangements are just versions that each school puzzled out at some point, might be a good time to arrange a band swap of sheet music so everyone has the proper arrangements of everything.

Our band doesn't even form anything for the opponent. No story here.

Our band doesn't even form anything for the opponent. No story here.

So then you think the insult is that they played our rouser?
Nothing wrong with not forming anything. But if you're going to do it, do it right. The first four posters thought we were being insulted. Just trying to figure out what the insult was.

So then you think the insult is that they played our rouser?
Nothing wrong with not forming anything. But if you're going to do it, do it right. The first four posters thought we were being insulted. Just trying to figure out what the insult was.
I don't think there was an insult anywhere. Our block M is much more complex for marching band than the Michigan style one due to the diagonal lines on the legs. I can understand why a band would just use the simpler formation.

Standard procedure for Big Ten bands to play the visitors fight song in their pregame. What is also standard procedure is that the other bands inevitably end up playing the Rouser very badly (too slow and a half step or more too high).

Let's not be over sensitive because we lost. Wasn't disrespect and we do it too. Actually had my best experience with Wisconsin fans today

Top Bottom