Georgia on paper..

march madness

Reaction score
Slightly undersized team, 2 6-8 guys split time in the middle. Not a very good 3pt shooting team 26%, Gaines and Thorton are bad free throw shooters. Besides the 5-10 so pg Frazier, the other 4 starters all go for double figures: Mann 14, Thorton 13, Djurisic 13, Gaines 11. Have 2 solids on the bench so not too deep. Decent shot blockers in Thorton, Gaines, and Maten all 1.6 bpg. All appear well built besides the dimunitive pg. Mann at 6-5 215 could be a handful for Morris 6-5 175. We really need another athletic sf on our team.

Sr's guards, MO and EE have to play better. This is a solid team and they won't lay down.

If EE gives away another 11 points like he did to St. Johns, he better be living on the far end of the bench. Little Dre needs to get his head out of his butt and play smart. Drive and dish. Move his feet on defense and stop hacking. Big Dre needs to man-up and lead this team. Big Mo...stop playing like a wet noodle in the paint. It's time to take a step forward. The St. John's game should remind this team that they win as a group...because they aren't good enough to win individually.

If EE gives away another 11 points like he did to St. Johns, he better be living on the far end of the bench. Little Dre needs to get his head out of his butt and play smart. Drive and dish. Move his feet on defense and stop hacking. Big Dre needs to man-up and lead this team. Big Mo...stop playing like a wet noodle in the paint. It's time to take a step forward. The St. John's game should remind this team that they win as a group...because they aren't good enough to win individually.

I'm sick of having the team need reminders. I thought Louisville was the game that the team found their "identity."

Georgia isn't good. Georgia Tech, who I watched get beat by Marquette last night, handled them essentially wire-to-wire (Georgia led for 26 seconds that game).

Yante Maten is a freshman I liked a lot as an under-the-radar recruit when Minnesota was in the market. Potential for a bright future.

Interesting thing in this one is that Georgia has taken very good care of the ball. Worst TO% game this year was 20%. Can MN turn them over?

Should be a Gopher victory.

In Orlando... will be fun to have the MU and MSU fans in the same arena... KU up now. They travel incredibly well.

Tomorrow I play to watch Nwankwo play at a nearby tourney.

Top Bottom