FSN: Plenty at stake for Gophers in their biggest game in over 50 years

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per FSN:

When Minnesota beat Michigan earlier this season for the first time since 2005, the Gophers paraded the Little Brown Jug around campus for weeks. When they claimed Floyd of Rosedale a few weeks later after beating Iowa, the trophy case was filling up even more as another rivalry trophy was celebrated.

There's just one empty Axe-shaped spot left in that case. With so much build-up and anticipation leading up to Saturday, it makes you wonder what the Gophers have in store for the Axe if they do bring it back to Dinkytown this weekend.

"Last week was the biggest game of my career, and now this week is the biggest game of my career," said Minnesota running back Donnell Kirkwood. "It means a lot. We're playing for the Axe. We're playing to have all four trophies. We're playing for our side of the division. We're playing to go to the Big Ten championship. There's so much at stake. . . . By Thursday or Friday, it'll be kind of hard to sleep."

http://www.foxsports.com/north/stor...in-their-biggest-game-in-over-50-years-112614

Go Gophers!!

If we win on Saturday, can we please let Wren back? I feel like all our BIG TEN WINS need to be pontificated about...

Top Bottom