What's going on with Berkley Edwards?

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
There was a lot of talk about him and with Cobb being the guy, I understand he hasn't seen the field much, but isn't this a good time for him to step up if Cobb isn't going to play?

Don't know if he's even cleared from a concussion standpoint

He was cleared today. Cobb is an elite talent. Berkeley will have to Wait his turn maybe this weekend!!

RB is a position where you need to get in a groove. Will be interesting to see what they can do if Cobb is out.

I just remember Berkley being "the guy" we were waiting for according to what I had heard. First guy we got under Kill with some really good speed. (or so I thought).

Hopefully whoever takes over for Cobb can do a good job.

He plays RB for the Minnesota Gophers.

So far, he hasn't shown much besides speed. His speed is terrific, so I think a lot of us (including myself) see that speed and think it is a great weapon and there has to be some way we can capitalize on it. The problem is, he hasn't shown much ability to do anything besides be very fast, I haven't seen any great blocking or catching out of him, and he doesn't look like he is ready to break a lot of tackles or make great decisions on his cuts. This leaves us in the spot where his main value is putting him in almost as a decoy, because when he is in the game, the defense has to respect the outside because he can take it to the house if he can get there, and the occasional outside run to open things up. If he can get better at identifying running lanes, and maybe get strong enough to break some tackles, he could be huge for us in the future because no one is ever going to catch him from behind.

I wouldn't write off any running backs on this team because they aren't getting a lot of carries or production, because plenty of good backs would be sitting behind a guy like Cobb. Should be opportunities for someone to step up next year.

Top Bottom