Norwood Teague issues statement on Daquein McNeil charges

GopherLady

Reaction score
I apologize if this has been posted, not on my computer...

University of Minnesota Athletics Director Norwood Teague Statement on Daquein McNeil Charges

Men’s basketball student-athlete Daquein McNeil has been charged with one count of third-degree assault and one count of domestic assault related to an incident earlier this week. He will remain suspended from all team-related activities as his case makes its way through the judicial process. This athletics department remains committed to its values of respect for others and respect for the greater community. We will not tolerate domestic assault from any of our staff or student-athletes.

University of Minnesota President Eric Kaler Statement on Daquein McNeil Charges

This is Eric Kaler's statement->

The University of Minnesota and I have zero tolerance for domestic abuse and other forms of relationship violence. The University is committed to creating respectful campuses where these types of violence are unacceptable and where victims and survivors receive compassion and support. I agree with Athletics Director Norwood Teague’s immediate action to suspend the player from the team, and we will review the facts of the case in relation to the student code of conduct.

Hard to argue with how the administration has handled this situation to this point. Decisive, timely, and appropriate -- in my opinion.

Hard to argue with how the administration has handled this situation to this point. Decisive, timely, and appropriate -- in my opinion.

I couldn't agree more. They were extremely swift in getting statements out there that were fair yet strong. Nice to not have them see them avoid this. Always a better outcome when you're on the offense and getting your message out there.

Top Bottom