"Full Nebraska (2013)"

balds

Reaction score
Two positives are the fact that we haven't unloaded everything on offense. Positive for two reasons: 1) We are good enough to line up and run mainly base stuff and compete and win. I kept expecting them to "open up the cellar" against Iowa, then OSU, then Nebraska. They didn't and were still successful. 2) We must have some wrinkles or trickery left in our arsenal, and I doubt if we do we'd be saving them for a bowl game. Here's hoping both that we still have the "full Nebraska 2013" in our hip pocket, and that we don't need it.

Two positives are the fact that we haven't unloaded everything on offense. Positive for two reasons: 1) We are good enough to line up and run mainly base stuff and compete and win. I kept expecting them to "open up the cellar" against Iowa, then OSU, then Nebraska. They didn't and were still successful. 2) We must have some wrinkles or trickery left in our arsenal, and I doubt if we do we'd be saving them for a bowl game. Here's hoping both that we still have the "full Nebraska 2013" in our hip pocket, and that we don't need it.
Interesting concept. Wrinkles are fun for the kids, especially last year to get things rolling, but I think this year's team is all about execution. They believe the staff will put them in position to make plays and win. If Wisconsin has a weakness that showed up on film, I think we'll expose it.

I don't think the thread for anticipated players of the week has been posted but my pick is the OL. If I had to pick one, a toss up between Campion, Epping, and Tommy. I also expect Bjorkland and Pirsig to steam roll skunks all day. I think the OL mans up big time and is even more awesome than they were against Iowa and Nebraska. The OL will have their way all day!

Go Gophers!

I'm gonna call it - KJ Maye pass on a jet sweep.

I'm gonna call it - KJ Maye pass on a jet sweep.

Great, there goes that surprise... In all honesty, I was thinking about this a bit the other day. I do think we have a few things we haven't shown this year that they plan to incorporate into their game plan. What those things are, I have no clue. But I get the feeling that this is a game Kill and company have wanted for a long time. They have something in mind and I wouldn't be surprised if it's something that they've been working on all season in practice to some degree.

Great, there goes that surprise... In all honesty, I was thinking about this a bit the other day. I do think we have a few things we haven't shown this year that they plan to incorporate into their game plan. What those things are, I have no clue. But I get the feeling that this is a game Kill and company have wanted for a long time. They have something in mind and I wouldn't be surprised if it's something that they've been working on all season in practice to some degree.

Flea flicker?

If Cobb is ruled out, or severely limited, I think we'll really open up the playbook out of some necessity.

We tried KJ Maye pass on a jet sweep but the Buckeyes snuffed it out. I am not sure but I think Maxx fell down on the play.

We tried KJ Maye pass on a jet sweep but the Buckeyes snuffed it out. I am not sure but I think Maxx fell down on the play.

you are correct sir. Maxx did indeed trip other wise he had everybody beat. I can guarantee Maye can still sling it.

Wisconsin has a really small D-line: they go 283, 268, and 277. LBs also aren't huge: 244, 240, 231, 226. I think some of their success on defense comes from teams not being used to blocking against a 3-4 scheme. https://wisconsin.rivals.com/cdepthtext.asp

If our line can figure out who to block, I could see us wearing them down throughout the game...

Top Bottom