Gophers are 18 in latest CFP Rankings!

When talking about TCU they just said "that win over MN sure looks a lot better and it keeps getting better"

or something like that....

Oh man they just talked about and said "Minnesota" 10 times in a minute! Still talking about TCU though..

That may have been the most talk about MN I have ever heard. They ended going into the commercial break with us making the biggest move up this week!!!!

The Minnesota Golden Gophers could be the greatest thing that even happened to the TCU Horned Frogs. Thank you Coach Kill, Gophers and Gopher fans for being awesome.

TCU capped its greatest season since WWII by beating Wisconsin in the 2011 Rose Bowl.

If TCU beats the University of Texas on Thursday night, Minnesota could send TCU to the College Football Playoff by beating Wisconsin on Saturday.

This year has been a crazy ride, no matter what happens, but you've got thousands of Gopher fans in Fort Worth, Texas, this weekend. A Gophers win that could send the Frogs to the Playoff would remove any doubt as to whether I'm going to Minneapolis next September and would ensure that I'll be going broke buying drinks for every Gopher fan I meet there.

Good luck this weekend. Go Golden Horned FroGophers.

Only one 3 loss team, Auburn, ranked higher. Certainly getting respect here that has mostly been absent in the AP.

Its a couda woulda shoulda but where would MN be of they beat Illinois? 11 or 12 maybe?

The Minnesota Golden Gophers could be the greatest thing that even happened to the TCU Horned Frogs. Thank you Coach Kill, Gophers and Gopher fans for being awesome.

TCU capped its greatest season since WWII by beating Wisconsin in the 2011 Rose Bowl.

If TCU beats the University of Texas on Thursday night, Minnesota could send TCU to the College Football Playoff by beating Wisconsin on Saturday.

This year has been a crazy ride, no matter what happens, but you've got thousands of Gopher fans in Fort Worth, Texas, this weekend. A Gophers win that could send the Frogs to the Playoff would remove any doubt as to whether I'm going to Minneapolis next September and would ensure that I'll be going broke buying drinks for every Gopher fan I meet there.

+1. Right back at you brother! Beat Wisconsin! Beat Texas!

would ensure that I'll be going broke buying drinks for every Gopher fan I meet there.

Please check back with us so we can cash in on those drinks.

Also - maybe those thousands of Frog fans should consider flying up to Madison to cheer on the Gophers?

What is with this ridiculous Big Ten bias? The Gophers are the 2nd highest ranked 3 loss team only to Auburn. I'm so sick of the Big Ten bias in the polls.

/s

What is with this ridiculous Big Ten bias? The Gophers are the 2nd highest ranked 3 loss team only to Auburn. I'm so sick of the Big Ten bias in the polls.

/s

Have you ever tried posting without some level of snark included in your commentary? Just once?! Btw - Just messing with you and busting your balls a bit. ;)

Have you ever tried posting without some level of snark included in your commentary? Just once?! Btw - Just messing with you and busting your balls a bit. ;)

Lol, I'm all about the sarcasm. I can't help myself.

It does happen, you just have to look closely!

Lol, I'm all about the sarcasm. I can't help myself.

We need to use your trademark /s to indicate sarcasm, because too many GH'ers don't get it otherwise. Thank you, fuzzy.

Please check back with us so we can cash in on those drinks.

Also - maybe those thousands of Frog fans should consider flying up to Madison to cheer on the Gophers?

won't lie -- looked at airfare yesterday. already moved family thanksgiving to friday so I can go see TCU at Texas thursday. Hard to choke up $400 in airfare alone with the possibility of an insanely expensive bowl season. will be there in spirit. good luck!

won't lie -- looked at airfare yesterday. already moved family thanksgiving to friday so I can go see TCU at Texas thursday. Hard to choke up $400 in airfare alone with the possibility of an insanely expensive bowl season. will be there in spirit. good luck!

I like a man who has his priorities in order. Don't worry about going to WI. You are much better off coming to MN next year ;-). Until then, good luck against UT and ISU? I might have made the 3-hour drive to see your Frogs in Ames but plan on being in Indy that day!

Regarding the rankings, I think TCU should be #4. I'm guessing you'll leap frog both Mississippi St. and/or Florida State before this is all over.

Fear the Frog and Go Gophers!

So, figure we'll crack the top 15 in the country for the first time in a long time next Tuesday after our big win over Wisconsin.

/s

My guess is it's Condoleezza Rice. She always liked Northern Schools.

So, figure we'll crack the top 15 in the country for the first time in a long time next Tuesday after our big win over Wisconsin.

Based on the Maroon Kool-Aid that the committee is drinking, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us jump 5 more spots to 12 or so. Lol

Oops... 5 more spots would be 13.

Based on the Maroon Kool-Aid that the committee is drinking, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us jump 5 more spots to 12 or so. Lol

Fuzzy, you forgot your trademark... /s

Fuzzy, you forgot your trademark... /s

That was one of my genuine posts!

I actually do think we could jump 4-6 more spots if we win as 13 point dogs on the road this weekend.

This settles it, the CFP rankings are a much more valid ranking system than the AP or Coach's poll.

Oops... 5 more spots would be 13.

In spot 13 is ASU vs. 11 AZ, at AZ so they could move down.
In spot 14 is wiskey, so they will move down after the loss.
In spot 15 is Auburn at Alabama, so they will probably move down.
In spot 16 is GA Tech at Georgia...things are looking pretty good.
In spot 17 is Mizzou at home vs. BigEnema...I think they'll hold serve.

K. State has Kansas at home in the #12 spot, so they probably win. I don't see anyone from 8 - 11 losing, or even if they did, that they would fall below the Gophers.

Interesting to think that we would move ahead of Mizzou by virtue of winning at whiskey which I think may trump K State beating Kansas even though they would have one less loss than us.

Where will we be if we do the unthinkable and beat Wisconsin and Ohio State? Thoughts?

I think this ranking pretty much removes the entire "The B1G and OSU want uw to win" argument. Regardless of who wins on Saturday, OSU's opponent in Indy will probably be ranked in about the same spot.

Also, part of me thinks that Barry was the catalyst for our jump. He's just trying to improve his badgers' strength of schedule...

Somewhere other than the Rose Bowl.

This would be the most Minnesota Sports Team result possible. We win the Big Ten for the first time in over 50 years..... and don't go to the Rose Bowl

Top Bottom