Rutgers and Maryland Need a Trophy

Iceland12

Reaction score
http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...eds_a_cool_big_ten_rivalry_trophy_politi.html

The Crab Trophy: We've got blue claws. They've got crab cakes. Can you envision the players from the winning team parading around with a giant crab trophy? Or better yet: A trophy of a big trap filled with crabs? Although I guess there is a downside if a player calls home after the victory. “Mom. Guess what? We got crabs!”

The HBO Villain Trophy:
We've got The Sopranos. They've got The Wire. How about a trophy with Tony Soprano on one side and Omar from The Wire on the other. And don't try to tell me it isn't politically correct. The Indiana-Michigan State winner gets something called the “Old Brass Spittoon," for crying out loud.

The 95 Trophy:
We've got the Turnpike. They've got the Beltway. Let's face it, nothing unites our two states more than our love/hate relationship with the highway that runs through the middle of our territory and lives. Of course, I-95 does go from Maine to Florida, so that's claiming quite a bit of road for a football game.

Delaware.
It's perfect. New Jersey vs. Maryland, and the winner gets … Delaware! I'm guessing the folks in Maryland are just as annoyed with Delaware and its insane tolls for the 18 miles of highway between us. Delaware is even shaped like a trophy. If the people there don't like it, they should round up their Blue Hens and do something about it.

Can't we just give them that mayor's freedom bell trophy to use. I don't think PSU will mind.

Can't we just give them that mayor's freedom bell trophy to use. I don't think PSU will mind.

"I bring this up now because its time for Rutgers to get into this silliness. The Big Ten has 14 rivalry trophies, and before you protest that creating a new one wouldn't be proper, not all of the current ones are exactly memorable. Did you know that Penn State and Minnesota play for something called the Governors' Victory Bell? Do they even know?"

How about a large tray of crab cakes?

What did Delaware? She wore a brand New Jersey.

Top Bottom