Daquein McNeil has been arrested for domestic assault

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Man dude. It's just a free throw percentage. You don't have to get that upset.

Go Gophers!!

I hope Squirrel is ready to play 38 minutes a game from here on out

If this turns out to be a baseless charge, fine. I hope the false victim is punished.

If it's true, I hope McNeil is fully punished, and I've already forgotten about him.

Wow, not good. Maybe a stupid question, but does he not live on campus like the rest of the team? Doesn't domestic assault mean within the household? I'm not a great legal mind.

I hope Squirrel is ready to play 38 minutes a game from here on out

Yup. In any given game, we are now basically 2 fouls away from Kendall Shell playing vital minutes. Kendall Shell!

I wonder if we'll start seeing Buggs at SF/wing now. Going to have to re-think that full court press, too.

Just very bad news. We have been drama free for almost two years now. Yuk.

Kick him off the team. It is behavior detrimental to the team, program and school.

I always give the benefit of the doubt in these situations because they could be baseless charges. However, the fact that he was already arrested does not bode well for him for his career with the Gophers.

Hopefully whatever happened isn't serious and the affected party is alright, which is more important than whatever happens to him in a basketball sense.

Awful news. I hope the victim is OK. And not to make light of this, but it really does seem like this program is cursed. Every year it's something. Every $%^ year. Buggs will be getting time at the 3 for sure. Oy.

per the STrib:

The Gophers left for New York and the NIT Season Tipoff tournament Tuesday, and it will face St. John’s in the opening round on Wednesday night.

In the meantime, McNeil has been suspended from all team activities pending an investigation into the alleged assault, University of Minnesota athletics spokesman Chris Werle said in a statement. McNeil was arrested Monday afternoon at 2:30 p.m.

“We are currently gathering information and cooperating with the authorities,” the statement read. “This athletics department values respect and positively impacting the lives of others and will not tolerate any form of domestic assault from its staff or student athletes.”

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/283847291.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Go Gophers!!

For f**ks sake, with all the high profile DV crap going on in the NFL and the harsh punishments handed down by the league, you'd think these guys would smarten up and realize there are consequences to actions.

For f**ks sake, with all the high profile DV crap going on in the NFL and the harsh punishments handed down by the league, you'd think these guys would smarten up and realize there are consequences to actions.

That only happens to other people.

Not good. I see it's almost his 21st birthday, not going to be a good one.

Full Name: MCNEIL, DAQUEIN .DOMINIQUE
Booking Number: 2014031036
Date of Birth: 11/28/1993
Sheriff's Custody: IN CUSTODY . .
Housing Location: PUBLIC SAFETY FACILITY Address
Received Date/Time: 11/24/2014.. 15:01
Arrested By: MINNEAPOLIS PD

Wow, not good. Maybe a stupid question, but does he not live on campus like the rest of the team? Doesn't domestic assault mean within the household? I'm not a great legal mind.

No, the difference between domestic assault and regular assault it that you've had a sexual relationship with the victim.

Kick him off the team. It is behavior detrimental to the team, program and school.

lol. Now you're kicking guys off the team immediately before its even proven that they've done anything? Domestic violence is serious and is treated as such and should not be tolerated. That said a guy can get into an argument with a girl, she can say (truthfully or not) that she feels unsafe even if there was no physical contact and a guy can then be arrested for it. Can't just go punishing people without any facts or knowledge

Really hope this somehow isn't as bad as it sounds.
Agreed, now with McNeil out I wonder if we see Buggs or Martin playing the 3 some otherwise we only have Mathieu, Hollins, Morris, and Mason to play the 3 guard spots and we really have to hope for no foul trouble or injuries with those 4.

From a pure basketball standpoint, we now go into a critical three game stretch with 8 guys who appear to be able to play at a high level (Konate and Martin aren't quite there yet) and heck, Buggs is just starting to get there.

Whether we get McNeil back or not, it really underscores the bad move the staff made by adding a JUCO (Lofton) this year when we could have really used that body, even before this McNeil mess started. At best we have 10 scholarship players for the NIT. At worst we have 7 guys who are ready to compete against St. John's/Gonzaga. If McNeil is off the team for any considerable amount of time, we will have to rely on Shell for meaningful minutes.

lol. Now you're kicking guys off the team immediately before its even proven that they've done anything? Domestic violence is serious and is treated as such and should not be tolerated. That said a guy can get into an argument with a girl, she can say (truthfully or not) that she feels unsafe even if there was no physical contact and a guy can then be arrested for it. Can't just go punishing people without any facts or knowledge
+1

Top Bottom