Best Wins

josh087

Sharing Common Sense & Reality
Reaction score
Our best wins of the season are Iowa and Nebraska - one at home in blowout fashion, one on the road in a close game.

Wisconsin's best wins this season are Iowa and Nebraska - one at home in blowout fashion, one on the road in a close game.

These guys can be beat.

Not to mention, our worse loss was in the state of Illinois. Their worse loss was in the state of Illinois.

Our non-conference loss was in the state of Texas against a great team. Their non-conference loss was in the state of Texas, albeit against a down LSU team.

Go Gophers!!

Pretty amazing how the records stack up against each other. Using Sagarin ratings:

Record vs top 25:
Minnesota 1-2 (L at 8, L vs 11, W at 25)
Wisconsin 1-1 (L vs 12, W vs 25)

Record vs 26-50:
Minnesota 1-0 (W vs 40)
Wisconsin 2-0 (W vs 40, W vs 43)

Record 51-100:
Minnesota 3-1 (W vs 57, W at 63, L at 87, W vs 89)
Wisconsin 4-1 (L at 57, W at 75, W vs 87, W vs 89, W vs 100)

Record 101+:
Minnesota 3-0 (W vs 103, W vs 119, W vs 130)
Wisconsin: 2-0 (W vs 124, W vs 126)

Wisconsin has an extra top 100 win with Bowling Green, and an extra 26-50 victory by virture of Maryland at 43 (while we have Michigan at 63). We carry an extra top 25 loss, but we've both lost to all teams played above a 15 ranking, and lost to one team ranked 50+.

Another fact that spells out what a year it has been/could be for the Gophers - if they win Saturday they'll have won three Big Ten road games in front of an average of 93,000 opposing fans.

I don't think this crew would be intimidated by Indy/OSU with that preparation.

Another fact that spells out what a year it has been/could be for the Gophers - if they win Saturday they'll have won three Big Ten road games in front of an average of 93,000 opposing fans.

I don't think this crew would be intimidated by Indy/OSU with that preparation.

Especially since Indy will have like 200 people there.

Is there some reason to expect significantly less than the 66,000 who attended last year?

My bad, it was 2 years ago that the stadium was 60% full.

With Ohio State being 3 hours from Indy. I'd expect them to pretty much have a home game if they were to play us though. Maybe 75/25. So it's a good thing we're getting all these road tests this year.

Who would have thought that Michigan on our schedule would be a weaker opponent than Maryland on theirs?

Top Bottom