tim davis and marquies gray

KD6-3.7

credulous skeptic
Reaction score
how does the hiring of tim davis and more snaps under center affect gray's role on this team? i have always thought that alipate's abilities make him more likely to play QB than any other position, and i have taken a lot of heat saying that i think he will be the next starter at QB after weber. i know that alipate is a pro-style qb and knows how to take snaps under center, i think that weber could as well, but what about gray. i believe his high school team runs the spread. taking snaps from under center brings up some difficulties for someone who has never done it, even if it is just to hand the ball off.

I'm not too concerned about teaching a guy how to take snaps and proper footwork. This has been done with high school quarterbacks for decades.

Every NFL team takes snaps under center so if a guy wants to play in the league he has to be able to do it and it shouldn't hurt recruiting. Texas runs a spread but goes in to a double tight I formation in short yardage situations.

I won't flame at you for predicting Alipate will be the next QB but if you haven't seen him play he is very raw and correcting his footwork is going to be a bigger challenge than teaching Gray to work under center. That being said, he has a great arm.

If Gray was playing quarterback prior to high school, he was probably running an under-center offense. The basics of footwork and pulling back from center were taught to him at that time, if this is the case. He'll have the most basic foundation for the coaches to build on.

If Gray has difficulties taking a snap under center, hand-offs, etc he never should have been offered a scholarship. Junior high QB's do it. Don't worry about it.

Alipate will never see the field as a QB on this team unless it is in complete garbage time

trailing 55-0 is what i would consider "garbage time"

suprise

Is what we may get. Alapate, Grey, Weber, each have potential but don't count out Web, he will rip anyone if he gets the time to do it.

Top Bottom