STrib: That's the idea Pitino has for this program

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Strib:

FIVE OBSERVATIONS:

1. That's the idea, I think. This style Pitino has talked about bringing to Minnesota? That was the first time I thought we saw it in a full-game sort of way. The Gophers' defensive pressure was actually really strong and had a WKU team that actually likes to play fast sped up to the point that the Hilltoppers were doing really dumb stuff (making bad shots, bad passes, getting the ball ripped out of their hands, etc). The offense looked good too, especially the (only) three turnovers in the first half.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/283149971.html

Go Gophers!!

There is a stark difference between the Tubby Smith approach and style vs Pitino. Time will tell if Pitino will be more successful but I suspect
players will love to play for him and usually success follows such an environment. He also wants his players to dream and really think they can play in the NBA. This positive energy approach is really healthy. By the way, I want nothing but the best for Tubby. Texas Tech had another melt down last night vs LSU that reminded me too often of his Gopher teams who would go on late game scoring droughts, defenses lapses, and making stupid mistakes costing the team a win. I think Pitino's approach is going to breed success and create a program that will consistently rival the top third of the B1G in a couple years.

I hope the U can keep Pitino and Kill for an extended stay. Both coaches seem to be very positive and have a clear plan for improving the team. If Pitino can put together a couple of years of contending in the B1G he will do better at keeping the stud MN basketball players home. And that will breed even more success. Kill doesn't appear to need blue chippers! Scary what he might be able to achieve if he gets some.

There is a stark difference between the Tubby Smith approach and style vs Pitino. Time will tell if Pitino will be more successful but I suspect
players will love to play for him and usually success follows such an environment. He also wants his players to dream and really think they can play in the NBA. This positive energy approach is really healthy. By the way, I want nothing but the best for Tubby. Texas Tech had another melt down last night vs LSU that reminded me too often of his Gopher teams who would go on late game scoring droughts, defenses lapses, and making stupid mistakes costing the team a win. I think Pitino's approach is going to breed success and create a program that will consistently rival the top third of the B1G in a couple years.

Interesting tidbit, Alex Foster played 9 minutes for Texas Tech and didn't score, Alvin Ellis did not play for Mich State against Duke.

I thought Texas Tech played well, to bad they couldn't pull it out.

Interesting tidbit, Alex Foster played 9 minutes for Texas Tech and didn't score, Alvin Ellis did not play for Mich State against Duke.

I thought Texas Tech played well, to bad they couldn't pull it out.

Ellis was a starter in Sparty's opener vs. Navy, but he suffered a bad ankle sprain. Might take some time before he's back at full strength.

The same way Louisville sped the Gophers up, the Gophers sped WKU up.

Top Bottom