Who will lead the 2014-15 Gophers in rebounding?

• Elliott Eliason

Votes: 47 85.5%
  • Mo Walker

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Bakary Konate

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Carlos Morris

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Daquein McNeil

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Josh Martin

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Charles Buggs

• Other

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Gotta go with EE, though he needs to stay out of foul trouble.

EE. A man on a rebounding mission this year!

If EE had a good offensive game, the guy would be a lottery pick.

That said, he's one of my favorite players based on hustle alone.

If EE had a good offensive game, the guy would be a lottery pick.

That said, he's one of my favorite players based on hustle alone.

I wouldn't go as far as the first statement, but the interior defense is better with him in the game because he is more mobile than Mo and is better at securing the rebound. He also seems to be the only big who sets decent picks.

I wouldn't go as far as the first statement, but the interior defense is better with him in the game because he is more mobile than Mo and is better at securing the rebound. He also seems to be the only big who sets decent picks.

This is why Pitino needs Konate or Martin to step up and play a lot more minutes by Big Ten season. Walker needs to be on the floor 25-30 minutes for our offense to click. But Walker needs an athletic PF next to him that can defend and block shots.

This is why Pitino needs Konate or Martin to step up and play a lot more minutes by Big Ten season. Walker needs to be on the floor 25-30 minutes for our offense to click. But Walker needs an athletic PF next to him that can defend and block shots.

You did notice that Pitino had both Mo and Elliot playing together briefly last night, didn't you? Perhaps that is something that would work. I don't know how good Josh Martin will be this year but last night he looked like a guy in a game that was moving too fast for him. Konate looked raw but maybe a little less uncomfortable.

You did notice that Pitino had both Mo and Elliot playing together briefly last night, didn't you? Perhaps that is something that would work. I don't know how good Josh Martin will be this year but last night he looked like a guy in a game that was moving too fast for him. Konate looked raw but maybe a little less uncomfortable.

I missed that. If true, must have been due to the significant foul trouble we were in. It isn't something that would work, by the way.

Final Stats:

Walker: 6.7
Hollins: 4.0
Morris: 3.2
King: 3.0
Eliason: 3.0
Mason: 2.8
Mathieu: 2.7
Konate: 2.1
Buggs: 2.0
Diedhiou: .7
Shell: .2