LSU vs Minnesota

gophersfan

Reaction score
so who going to pitch for Minnesota tonight. game at 6 pm central.

so who going to pitch for Minnesota tonight. game at 6 pm central.

Good question, looks like Ohio State ran out of pitching. They have to beat Florida twice and are down 20-0 in the third inning. Hope the Gophers have something left to shut down the Tigers.

Bechstein pitching....two starts....8.84 ERA.....watch out....34 hits in 18.1 innings. Opponents batting .395

Stranger things have happened

Minnesota is the home team for tonight game.

Announcers make it more fun

9,500 at the ballpark....what a difference to the northern schools

this is nice. we making the LSU pitcher work right now.

OMG....the difference between south baseball and north baseball.

Florida State over Ohio State, 35-2!!!!!!!!!!!!! in the 8th. 35 runs on 35 hits. FSU led 32-0 after four and a half.

The Big Ten should probably drop baseball and save money. If it's not a summer sport, it's kinda pointless.

Did Florida State snap the ball over the punter's head and out of the end zone?

two Big Ten teams in regional finals, yeh let's drop the sport. Ohio State had absolutely nothing left to pitch so they ended up using anything that was left including position players.

Look at tonights game, Coleman for LSU who was 11-2 and Bechstein who has been pretty bad in relief this year for us.

Not sure I understand the reason for starting Bechstein but I'm not sure it matters.

HR to lead off the third, then a single, hit by pitch, and another single and sac fly, now 7-0.

and to top it off, Ryan warming up:confused:

I guess we're saving the good stuff for the game tomarrow:rolleyes:

I'm not sure what our strategy is right now as far as pitching goes either. But frankly, I'm surprised that Bechstein has pitched three innings so far.

I'll be even more surprised if Bechstein pitches in the fourth.

He's getting hit hard but I guess 7 runs in four innings isn't too bad. where's Sexton or Klabunde, Fern or issackson or Lubinsky. Don't want to pile on Bechstein but the truth is he has really struggled this year so it's a weird choice to start when we actually do have some other options. I could see tomarrow. Now Ryan is in who has been shaky this year as well. Oh well, won't matter if the bats don't come alive, and Coleman looks like he has good stuff tonight.

Actually, I thought Bechstein was okay for the most part. Can't expect a guy who is our fourth or fifth starter to come in and throw blanks. It seemed like once the error happened in the second, it fell apart a little bit from there. But again, it may have simply been a case of delaying the inevitable up until then.

Coleman is just tough for them. He throws hard and has some really nasty breaking stuff. I'm having a hard time seeing us scoring more than one or two runs for the game as long as Coleman is in there.

Geason needed to at least swing at one of those two pitches. He looked completely befuddled during that entire at-bat.

It's tough to win when you get a guy at third with less than two outs twice and the guys stop putting the ball in play from there.

You wonder if Geason is all there after that beaning in the head earlier. The error and some less than quality at bats.

Ryan gives up 2 more in the sixth, 9-0.

What the hell just happen. John Anderson out there aguring the call.

Oh my god, what a complete joke these umps are, that was a brutal call, the ball was lying on the field behind him, How the hell can four umpires miss an obvious call like that.

Peterson lead off with a single, the McCallum singled to right but Mitchell made a diving attempt at the ball but missed it and he rolled on to the ball, then picked it up with his bare hand behind him and held it up like he caught it and these clueless morons called him out and Peterson was doubled off first.

Well, that was great. Not only are we outmanned and out-gunned, now the umpires are making really bad calls against us on top of that. Not even close on that "catch" by the LSU right fielder, although he did a hell of a sales job on the ump, who bought it hook, line, and sinker.

Then the umps toss one of our guys from the bench for complaining about the call. Great. :rolleyes:

Oh well, it was a good season.

You wonder if Geason is all there after that beaning in the head earlier. The error and some less than quality at bats.

Ryan gives up 2 more in the sixth, 9-0.

Yeah, I'm not sure if Kyle is all there. Might want to get him out of there since he already has a head injury and a whole bunch of cotton stuck up his nose.

Not only that but then the camera kept showing him laughing his ass off that they bought it.

It's not like we're complaining because we think we're going to get nine runs that inning, but two on, nobody out and 4-5-6 up would of been nice to see what we could do, especially after what baylor did last game.

No excuse for tournament umpires to make a call that bad.

Not only that but then the camera kept showing him laughing his ass off that they bought it.

It's not like we're complaining because we think we're going to get nine runs that inning, but two on, nobody out and 4-5-6 up would of been nice to see what we could do, especially after what baylor did last game.

Yeah, maybe that lead off homer would have been a 3 run homer.

That had to be one of the worse calls I have ever seen. The outfielder got to laughing about it so hard that he had to put his glove over his mouth to stop showing those pearly whites.

Ughhhhh!!!!

Absolutely agree. We're not going to come back and win this game. But making that call effectively takes away any chance at even a minor rally, which I think we could have had going.

File that under the "when it rains, it pours" category.

Finally went to the LSU board to see what they had to say about the catch and just as I thought, the baseball Tiger fans are as big of asses as the LSU Football fans.

Top Bottom