National Signing Day is Today!!!

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Looking forward to officially welcoming a great class today: Johnson, Dorsey, McBrayer & Nwankwo!

Go Gophers!!

STrib: Pitino's recruiting plans in place for months

This fall on campus, it might have been easy to forget about the annual early signing period for basketball recruits. For Minnesota’s Richard Pitino, the 2015 class has been wrapped up for months, marking the first time since 2009 a Gophers recruiting class was complete before October.

Pitino’s third recruiting class — and the first in which he was able to engage prospective players for a full season — consists of two nationally ranked guards in Kevin Dorsey and Dupree McBrayer, another big man project in Jonathan Nwankwo and guard Jarvis Johnson, the state’s most highly touted recruit. They all have verbally committed and are expected to sign this week, as early as Wednesday, the first day of the signing period.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/282368741.html

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

The 6-foot-1 guard is the first Minnesota player to sign with Pitino out of high school. Johnson, who helped to lead the Islanders to a state championship last season, hopes that other elite local prospects follow his lead.

"I just wanted to kind of start a trend here," Johnson said. "Hopefully getting some of the younger guys that the Gophers are recruiting to come with me and play with me the following year."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_26921289/gophers-get-delasalles-jarvis-johnson-states-top-senior

Jarvis, if you can help bring in Coffey and Trent, your legend will be huge no matter what you do on the court. Get to work, young man, and be great!

Go Gophers!!

Who is Jordan Riullano?

Who is Jordan Riullano?

He is a walk on - his Father was kind enough to confirm:

Pitino is awesome. We welcome the entire Riullano family to the Minnesota family!

JORDAN RIULLANO:

Rivals has his two college choices as Harvard and Colombia... Guessing he carries a decent GPA

My bad, I didn't realize the other guy in the pic was Nwankwo. One PG walk on…welcome…four signed today and our fifth signs on Friday and we still have a scholarship to spare.

Official Release from the U:

Gophers Sign Four to National Letters of Intent

University of Minnesota head men’s basketball coach Richard Pitino has announced the signing of four student-athletes to National Letters of Intent. They will join the Gophers for the 2015-16 season. The four are guards Kevin Dorsey (Port Tobacco, Md./Clinton Christian), Jarvis Johnson (Brooklyn Park, Minn./DeLaSalle), Dupree McBrayer (Jamaica, N.Y./Sunrise Christian Academy) and forward Jonathan Nwankwo (Mount Vernon, N.Y./Victory Rock Prep).

“We are excited about the addition of all four student-athletes,” Pitino said. “Not only are their futures very bright on the basketball court, but they will also be great representatives of our University and our basketball program.”

Dorsey, a 6-0 guard, is rated a four-star and top-100 national recruit by both ESPN, 247Sports and Rivals.com. He most recently played at Paul VI High School in Fairfax, Va., before transferring to Clinton Christian for his senior season. Named a Washington Post All-Met third team selection, Dorsey helped lead Paul VI to Washington Catholic Athletic Conference, VISAA Division I and Alhambra Invitational titles in 2014, earning MVP honors in the latter.

“Kevin Dorsey has the ability to be one of the best on-ball defenders in the country,” said Pitino. “He also has the ability to get by anybody and create offense in the lane.”

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/111214aaa.html

Go Gophers!!

Glad to see the "U" has announced Dorsey. I was slightly concerned that something had gone wrong there.

So, the Rivals list I saw had us at #23 in the country. 247 had us at 34. So, we are in the top 25 to 35 with most services. I fully expect Richard to build on this. I think next year he'll have us solidly in the top 25 with most all services. Plus, today we got an excellent walk on! I think we
will become a TOP 25 power on an annual basis pretty soon here. Pretty fun!

I just realized that all four of our commits are rated a 4* on at least one of the major services:

Dorsey: Rivals, Scout, ESPN
Johnson: 247, ESPN
McBrayer: Scout
JNBball: ESPN

Very nice to see that.

Not gopher related but Kentucky signed two 5* recruits who made their decisions today within one hour today. Must be good to be coach Calipari. The rich get richer lol. But great class for the gophers! Welcome to the recruits joining gopherland. The future is bright!

with 4, 4 stars you would think our class would be top 15

Has Dorsey officially signed?

School's cannot officially comment on a recruit until they receive the letter of intent. So while he might do something for show at his school Minnesota has his letter because they commented on him in that release.

Top Bottom