2014-2015 Bracketology

Again, in the wise words of Taylor Swift: "Haters gunna hate hate hate hate hate, shake it off, shake it off." (And put it on the bulletin board!)

Curious - who (and where) did he have in last year's preseason bracket?

Semi unrelated but Memphis just lost to Christian Brothers in a exhibition. Rough

Differences with Lunardi

Joe Lunardi has us as a 9 seed in Portland.http://espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

Lunardi and I differ on 15 teams.

Lunardi: American (Patriot), Baylor, Cincinnati, Coastal Carolina (Big South), Florida State, George Washington, Green Bay (Horizon), LSU, Nebraska, NCCU (MEAC), Northeastern (CAA), Notre Dame, Oklahoma State, Providence, Robert Morris (NEC)

(in their place I have): Boise State, Bryant (NEC), Cleveland State (Horizon), Georgia, High Point (Big South), Holy Cross (Patriot), Miami-Florida, New Mexico, Norfolk State (MEAC), Saint Mary's, Seton Hall, Towson (CAA), UMass, West Virginia, Xavier

Lunardi Last 4 In: BYU, LSU, Notre Dame, Providence
SS Last 4 In: Miami-Florida, New Mexico, Oregon, Seton Hall

Lunardi First 4 Out: Indiana, Maryland, Saint John's, Tulsa
SS First 4 Out: George Washington, Nebraska, Notre Dame, San Francisco

Differences with Palm

Jerry Palm from CBS put out his preseason bracketology and didn't have the Gophers in.
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

Palm and I differ on 21 teams.

Palm: Akron (MAC), American (Patriot), Baylor, Cincinnati, Coastal Carolina (Big South), Eastern Washington (Big Sky), Florida State, Fort Wayne (Summit), George Washington, Green Bay (Horizon), Hartford (America East), LSU, Maryland, Nebraska, NCCU (MEAC), Northeastern (CAA), Rhode Island, Saint Francis-NY (NEC), Saint John's, UAPB (SWAC), UNLV

(in their place I have): Bryant (NEC), Cleveland State (Horizon), Denver (Summit), Georgia, High Point (Big South), Holy Cross (Patriot), Miami-Florida, Minnesota, New Mexico, Norfolk State (MEAC), Oregon, Saint Mary's, Seton Hall, Stony Brook (America East), Texas Southern (SWAC), Toledo (MAC), Towson (CAA), UCLA, UMass, Weber State (Big Sky), West Virginia

Palm Last 4 In: Baylor, Illinois, Rhode Island, Saint John's

Palm First 4 Out: New Mexico, Providence, Richmond, Saint Mary's

N Mexico?

I am curious why do you have New Mexico listed so high? They lost 3 all conf performers: Bairstow, K. Williams, and Kirk. They return just 2 starters who averaged 7 and 6pts per game? Transfer Tim Williams will take one spot. I think S Diego St, Boise St, Wyoming, and CSU are likely to finish ahead of them..Unlv is a wildcard could finish first or near last. Nebraska out is interesting also, they return almost everyone.

Lunardi and I differ on 15 teams.

Lunardi: American (Patriot), Baylor, Cincinnati, Coastal Carolina (Big South), Florida State, George Washington, Green Bay (Horizon), LSU, Nebraska, NCCU (MEAC), Northeastern (CAA), Notre Dame, Oklahoma State, Providence, Robert Morris (NEC)

(in their place I have): Boise State, Bryant (NEC), Cleveland State (Horizon), Georgia, High Point (Big South), Holy Cross (Patriot), Miami-Florida, New Mexico, Norfolk State (MEAC), Saint Mary's, Seton Hall, Towson (CAA), UMass, West Virginia, Xavier

Lunardi Last 4 In: BYU, LSU, Notre Dame, Providence

Lunardi First 4 Out: Indiana, Maryland, Saint John's, Tulsa

I am curious why do you have New Mexico listed so high? They lost 3 all conf performers: Bairstow, K. Williams, and Kirk. They return just 2 starters who averaged 7 and 6pts per game? Transfer Tim Williams will take one spot. I think S Diego St, Boise St, Wyoming, and CSU are likely to finish ahead of them..Unlv is a wildcard could finish first or near last. Nebraska out is interesting also, they return almost everyone.

If Jordan Goodman is healthy and works out for NewMex, that helps a lot.

Nebraska isn't good.

Good question, you're the second person to question New Mexico.

More than anything, probably mostly about their recent tradition. Lobos always seem to be in or around the tournament. I would expect Neal and Greenwood to make big jumps this season. Interesting you mention Wyoming. That's one of the teams I thought long and hard about but went with New Mexico instead.

Nebraska it's just a gut feeling. I really like Miles and the way they're headed but am skeptical they'll be able to handle being one of the hunted. Big Ten 4 through 11 is a total crap shoot, I think.

I have a tendency to support Selection Sunday before anyone else. SS, you do a good job of putting things together. Thank you. Doc.

Sorry I should have complimented your list instead of looking for the few teams i differed on. I hate when others do that to mine.

I have a tendency to support Selection Sunday before anyone else. SS, you do a good job of putting things together. Thank you. Doc.

I also think SS is amazing at this. That being said, I'm the other one who thinks New Mexico isn't close to a tournament team. We shall see. And for the record I do think Nebraska is a good team.

Top Bottom