Incoming Gophers basketball class is ready to contribute

station19

Reaction score
"A couple of hours after the first glimpse of the Gophers’ four newcomers, relatively unknown before a late October intrasquad scrimmage, the excitement was palpable.

Those expecting seniors DeAndre Mathieu, Mo Walker, Elliott Eliason and Andre Hollins to dominate this year’s men’s basketball team might have been taken off guard: The new additions accounted for 41 percent of the Gophers’ scoring and 30 percent of the rebounding that evening."

BONUS QUOTE from Amelia----"Martin, a 6-8 forward and another junior college transfer, has already flashed his athletic potential, pulling down eight rebounds to complement a roar-inducing dunk."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/281721321.html

She's really quite the harder worker. She loves recycling those quotes. How on earth does she write Martin is a junior college transfer? Amazing.

She's really quite the harder worker. She loves recycling those quotes. How on earth does she write Martin is a junior college transfer? Amazing.

He did go from Seattle Prep to Bothell High before coming to Minnesota. I can see how that could be confusing. :rolleyes:

I usually give the benefit of the doubt and don't get bent out of shape when her blogs have typos, but c'mon, Amelia! How do you fumble that one?

Now she says in one sentence that Mo Walker won't play and a couple lines later predicts he will be starting...could she be doing it on purpose to bother fans who pay attention?

Now she says in one sentence that Mo Walker won't play and a couple lines later predicts he will be starting...could she be doing it on purpose to bother fans who pay attention?

Our team may not be in mid-season form, but our beat writer certainly is

I got a peak at her job description. Says she must meet for two hours with Sid every morning mon-fri. I can only imagine her state of mind after those meetings.

I got a peak at her job description. Says she must meet for two hours with Sid every morning mon-fri. I can only imagine her state of mind after those meetings.

I can imagine everyday it goes something like...

Ameilia: "Good morning Sid, ready for our meeting?"

Sid: "Who are you? Where am I? Did you get that Bernie Bierman piece in today's column?"

Amelia: "So this is what a UNC degree gets you."

I usually give the benefit of the doubt and don't get bent out of shape when her blogs have typos, but c'mon, Amelia! How do you fumble that one?

Problem this one wasn't just a blog, it's in print.

Keep up the good work Melia... How the hell could you not remember he's a freshman when you wrote about his recruitment, signing, etc...

Top Bottom