2015 Bob Cousy Award Watch

So, the Big Ten totals three point guards (Maryland, Michigan, Indiana) while Duke and Kentucky have two candidates each? Makes great sense.

SELECTION PROCESS
OVERVIEW
The Bob Cousy Collegiate Point Guard of the Year Award represents the vision of one of the games most visible
and successful players Mr. Bob Cousy. Presented annually by the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, the
Award recognizes the top collegiate male point guard in NCAA Division I, II, and III basketball.
CRITERIA
• Recognizes the vital importance of the point guard position to the success of the unit
• Creates opportunity to maximize team’s collective potential
• Leads, directs, and orchestrates successful team play
• Recognizes core basketball skills passing, dribbling, and creating team offense
• Overall team achievement
SELECTION PROCESS
• A list of nominees for the Bob Cousy Collegiate Point Guard of the Year Award will be solicited via direct
mailings to all Division I, II and III schools across the country
• The Bob Cousy Award screening committee will review the nominations and reduce the number of candidates
down to a final 20, final 10, and final 5 before the winner is selected by the Blue Ribbon Selection committee.
• A premier Blue Ribbon Selection committee will be comprised of up to 30 members representing all constituent
basis within college basketball. The Blue Ribbon committee will discuss the 5 finalists prior to voting via ballot.
• The Blue Ribbon Selection Committee will be comprised of up to 30 members representing the following
constituent groups: Hall of Famers, Head Coaches from each NCAA Division, Sports Information Directors and
the Media.
• Selection of the winner will be arrived at by a ballot following the conference call of the Selection Committee.

I see E.C. Matthews is on there. I remember Tubby went after him, but I think maybe he wouldn't have qualified academically, some sort of obstacle that would have gotten in the way of him coming here.

Top Bottom