BTN Plus Question

rrjackIII

Reaction score
I have btn2go. I have comcast.

Does that mean I have btn plus?

Will I be able to watch the game on the computer against umd?

From www:

What is BTN Plus?

BTN Plus programming includes non-televised games and events available on BTN2Go with a purchase of a BTN Plus subscription. BTN Plus content features live games produced by students at Big Ten universities. A subscription to BTN Plus on BTN2Go does NOT require a Big Ten Network TV subscription with a TV provider.
How do I get BTN Plus?

To access BTN Plus programming, you must purchase a BTN Plus Subscription (see pricing, subscription length and conference/school pass options listed above) and create a BTN2Go account. If you are not logged in to your BTN2Go account, or do not have an active BTN Plus Subscription, you will see a black LOCK icon next to BTN Plus programming.

What is included with BTN Plus?

Games and events included in your BTN Plus subscription are non-televised games and events. To check if a game is included with your BTN Plus subscription, look for the "BTN Plus" designation next to the game or event you want to watch. A BTN Plus Subscription does not include access to other televised (BTN/ESPN/CBS/etc.) content on BTN2Go.
Questions about your BTN Plus Subscription?

If you have questions or need assistance with your BTN Plus Subscription or BTN2Go Account, please email or contact the BTN2Go Support team via live chat using the links found at the bottom of each page on BTN2Go.

SCHOOL PASS

ANNUAL
$79.95/year
AUTO-RENEWED
Access to BTN Plus for one year, featuring BTN Plus content for your chosen favorite school.
Select Package
MONTHLY
$9.95/month
AUTO-RENEWED
Access to BTN Plus for one month, featuring BTN Plus content for your chosen favorite school.
Select Package

I wish BTN had a league pass or MLB.TV equivalent. It's one of the last things keeping me from dropping cable.

Thanks for the info Bayfield. Last year I believe I could watch BTN (non-TV telecast) games on the computer. Looks like they are getting a few more bucks this year.

Let's see - each B1G team gets about $25 Million a year. I see how that works.

Note that the BTN Plus games (I think there are just 3 of them) will probably all be replayed on BTN within a few days of the game. Thursday night's game airs Friday morning, for example. I signed up for a month of BTN Plus, but I've typically encountered extremely poor streaming quality with BTN so expect that I will wind up having to watch the televised replays in order to actually see these games in watchable form.

I wish BTN had a league pass or MLB.TV equivalent. It's one of the last things keeping me from dropping cable.

Agreed. They need to do something like MLB.TV for the people who drop cable but want to see their team. I would much rather pay a subscription fee like I do with mlb.tv then having to keep cable...

Agreed. They need to do something like MLB.TV for the people who drop cable but want to see their team. I would much rather pay a subscription fee like I do with mlb.tv then having to keep cable...

You know what would be really cool is if programs like MLB.TV had options to just pay for 1 team. Maybe someday. First they have to drop the blackout rules, so I don't have to use a VPN to watch the Twins if I'm in Minneapolis.

Thanks for the info Bayfield. Last year I believe I could watch BTN (non-TV telecast) games on the computer. Looks like they are getting a few more bucks this year.

Let's see - each B1G team gets about $25 Million a year. I see how that works.

They just replaced all access games from the past couple of seasons with BTN plus.

Last year they had four All Access games and two ESPN3 during the exhibition/non-conference schedule.

This year its three BTN plus and four ESPN3.

You know what would be really cool is if programs like MLB.TV had options to just pay for 1 team. Maybe someday. First they have to drop the blackout rules, so I don't have to use a VPN to watch the Twins if I'm in Minneapolis.

That would be pretty cool. The Big Ten could make some pretty good money. I don't mind mlb.tv. I got it because I moved to AZ so that was the only way to see the twins. I really like how they have the mlb at bat app. That's really nice when you're out and about. They NEED to drop the blackout rules. The Twins game was blacked out when they played the D-backs. I mean it's not like they play each other all the time but it would still be nice to see the D-backs play live for once..

They just replaced all access games from the past couple of seasons with BTN plus.

Last year they had four All Access games and two ESPN3 during the exhibition/non-conference schedule.

This year its three BTN plus and four ESPN3.

Badgers have one or maybe two streamed games...Mich St 3, Indiana 3, doesn't seem right, but it is the way it is.

That would be pretty cool. The Big Ten could make some pretty good money. I don't mind mlb.tv. I got it because I moved to AZ so that was the only way to see the twins. I really like how they have the mlb at bat app. That's really nice when you're out and about. They NEED to drop the blackout rules. The Twins game was blacked out when they played the D-backs. I mean it's not like they play each other all the time but it would still be nice to see the D-backs play live for once..

BTNPlus does do that. My package is for just the Minnesota Gophers games for all the different sports. It's 9.99 a month, and I get it for 3 months out of the year in the fall/winter time. Not HD quality, but it gets the job done i guess. It allows me to see the non-televised games.

BTNPlus does do that. My package is for just the Minnesota Gophers games for all the different sports. It's 9.99 a month, and I get it for 3 months out of the year in the fall/winter time. Not HD quality, but it gets the job done i guess. It allows me to see the non-televised games.

Is this just for non televised games or does it show games streamed lived on BTN too?

Is this just for non televised games or does it show games streamed lived on BTN too?

You can watch the televised games on big ten plus too if you are able to watch games on BTN2Go right now. (Just need to have Comcast or directv I think)

You can watch the televised games on big ten plus too if you are able to watch games on BTN2Go right now. (Just need to have Comcast or directv I think)

hmm I might have to check this out then. I don't know what I'm gonna do if I'm not able to watch the Gophers this season :(

Sorry if this was already answered, but just looked at gopherspots.com and saw this for tonight's game-

Nov. 5, 2014
Minnesota (0-0) vs. Minnesota Duluth (0-0) - Exhibition
Date / Time Thursday, November 6 | 7 p.m.
Location Williams Arena - Directions
Tickets MyGopherSports.com
Travel Local Weather | Parking | Preferred Hotels
Live Video BTN Plus (formerly Gopher All-Access)
Radio None
Live Stats Gametracker
Game Notes Minnesota | UMD
Official Sites Minnesota | UMD
Social Media @GopherMBB | Facebook

Top Bottom