Baylor fans wondering what to expect from you guys?

B

Bears

Hey I was curious what your strengths and weaknesses were about your baseball team? Congratulations making a regional. Us Baylor fans were happy to get an invitation because we have not played very good baseball.

We are a team that can hit the ball, but what has gotten us this year was our pitching. We have a couple of starters that are either really good or really bad and our pen is about the same. Us Baylor fans are extremely disappointed with this baseball team because most of the guys you will see Friday were part of the 2006 #1 national recruiting class, which most are juniors. They have underachieved for the most part and were lucky and happy to get into a regional.

We have some good wins, but some really bad losses. We started the year off really well, but ended the regular Big 12 season on a very bad note. Some of our big wins were, two out of three against Pacific, two out of three against Kansas State, two out of three against Kansas, two out of three against Missouri, swept two from TCU, beat Texas and Kansas in the Big 12 tournament.

We are hoping that we can get hot because this would be a great time to do it, but who knows with baseball ;)

So what are your strengths and weaknesses?

Most of the Baylor fans hang out on this message board.... http://www.baylorfans.com/forums

Strengths - Good hitting, good defense, and good pitching.

Weakness - Good in all those areas, but not great in any.

There are more people on this board who know a lot more than I do, but from what I've gathered, gold04 is essentially correct. I'd add the Bullpen to the 'weaknesses' column, though.

I do not know if I'd put the bullpen as a weakness. Matayas as a closer has been rock solid. Rassmussen has been a good set-up man. I don't know how many times Lubinsky hase come in and pitched 3 innings or more to perserve the win. Sexton and Ryan have done a good job pitching an inning here or there. Fern can pitch long relief or start. I'd say the bullpen is good but not great.

The same can be said of our 3 starting pitchers. We have three good starting pitchers. Where most teams starting pitching falls off after the number two guy ours doesn't. Plus, Fern and Lubinsky have done a good job of filling in at making starts when they need to. The problem is we have no dominate starting pitchers. A lot of good teams have one dominate pitcher and the great ones have 2 (LSU for example). We don't have a dominate pitcher. OUR starting pitching is much better then it was two years ago when we were last in the NCAA, but we still lacked a dominating pitcher.

Top Bottom