Gophers vs Buckeyes BT Tourney

gophersfan

Reaction score
it 4-0 top of the first for Minnesota right now. 2 outs.

Ohio St. granted a home run on what sounded like a controversial call over the radio.

9-5 Gophers after 7

Looked like a home run

Ball hit the top of the wall and then bounced back into play. Hard to tell, but it appears that it hit the netting beyond the wall before it came back into play, which would be a home run. Originally, runner stopped at 2nd. Umps met and gave him the home run. I think that was the right call.

9-5 in the bottom of the 8th, OSU has two on with nobody out.

that it. Minnesota knock Ohio State out of the BTT with a 9-6 win. they move on to face Indiana in a must win game. win tonight and we force the final game tomorrow. lose tonight and Indiana win the big ten tourney.

Nice to beat another probable NCAA team in Ohio State. Good job of the guys getting a win while piecing together a good pitching performance. I gotta give Scotty Fern a lot of credit today. He wasn't overwhelming by any means, but he gave us a chance to win, which is all we could ask for. And Eric Decker was clutch, clutch, clutch. :D

Also, Rasmussen was solid and Matyas, as he's been all year, was pretty much lights out once he got into the game in the eighth.

Now I guess the big question is who gets this start tonight, and if we win, who would start tomorrow. We're at the point now where everybody is stretched thin as far as pitching goes, or as Scott Pose was saying during some of the broadcasts, it's now "all hands on deck."

I guess it's Lubinsky, which I'm comfortable with. He was solid in his one start against Missouri earlier in the year and he's been very good out of the pen for the rest of season. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Top Bottom