TCF Bank Stadium Seat Selection

Noonan

Section 111
Reaction score
How many long time season ticket holders are going to by-pass the preferred seating to sit near the 20yard line with no seat license fee? There are 10,000 seats in the preferred sections, but I doubt everyone ranked 1 - 10,000 are going to choose to pay $100-$500 in addition to the ticket price. So, how far down the list will it go before the preferred seats are filled? Any Guesses?

Curious if you long timers out there had an opinion.

I was wondering the same thing. I bet 25-30 percent of those eligable will not pay the license fee.

I am torn

I have 10 tickets that my kids and other family use with me. I want to do the $250 seats because if I average all ten, I am 7k. If I split, I Pick from 3K to 14K, I think the blue seats will be almost filled if I average. I never improved my ten seats at the dome and would like to keep the ten together. I want better seats now. Doing the $250 per seat is an option I am considering. Looking for opinions...

Jay, I think you’ll be able to get seats in the $250 section if you have them all ranked around 7,000. I was on a tour a few weeks ago and I believe that they said believe there are 3,500 seats at the $500 level, 5,000 at the $250 level and 1,800 at the $100 level. My guess is that there are many fans near the top of the list who cannot or will not donate additional money and will opt for chair back seats outside the 20s. I don’t know if that will be 20% or 40%, but I’d be surprised if it was less than 20%.

I have four seats and a priority rank around 9,500. I’d like seats in the $100 or $250 sections. Can’t justify an annual $2,000 donation on top of the ticket price to sit in the $500 section. My concern is that my choice is going to be seats at the 40 yard line in the $500 section or seats near the goal line. It would be disappointing to have “worse” seats at TCF than I have had at the Dome, except that any seat at TCF will be better than any seat at the Dome.

The "Seat License Donation" will be required every year right?

Economic Realities

My group has placed the following restrictions for the four tickets I hold in the 8,000 range: Seatbacks, no extra fees and together. I would say that the chances of getting seats meeting those requirements are not very good.

I think that before the recent stockmarket downturn, this might have been more flexible. I may be able to negotiate a splitting of two tickets with one of the lower level seat license fees to retain two tickets between four existing occupants.

I have not decided yet if I would take a single seatback opening on my own if that were the only option. It has become a group event. I think I would be okay with two going, but by myself . . . I am not sure.

The "Seat License Donation" will be required every year right?

My group has placed the following restrictions for the four tickets I hold in the 8,000 range: Seatbacks, no extra fees and together. I would say that the chances of getting seats meeting those requirements are not very good.QUOTE]

I wouldn't be so sure. There are 10,000 chairback seats between the goal line and the 20's. With you choosing at 8000, you have to assume at least 20% of those before you will choose preferred seating. This would mean around 6400 would be in the "free chairbacks". I think that gives you a good chance at getting your four seats together.

Definately

My group has placed the following restrictions for the four tickets I hold in the 8,000 range: Seatbacks, no extra fees and together. I would say that the chances of getting seats meeting those requirements are not very good.QUOTE]

I wouldn't be so sure. There are 10,000 chairback seats between the goal line and the 20's. With you choosing at 8000, you have to assume at least 20% of those before you will choose preferred seating. This would mean around 6400 would be in the "free chairbacks". I think that gives you a good chance at getting your four seats together.

This is a good point. It really is a classic case of fear of the unknown.

The problem is I don;t know how many tickets are infront of us with about 2500 pickers ahead of us.

This is a good point. It really is a classic case of fear of the unknown.

The problem is I don;t know how many tickets are infront of us with about 2500 pickers ahead of us.

Your ranking is a representation of how many tickets, or seats, that are in front of you. So if you're ranked 8,000, there are 7,999 seats that will be selected. This is why you see a unique ranking number next to each of your seats online.

Blue hairs will do ?

I think a lot of the blue hairs will elect to not renew their seats since they don't want to sit outside the 20's (many won't pay the donation) and have to worry about the possibility they may get cold or rained on.

I was a Vikings season ticket holder from 1995-2004 and saw the season ticket base of the Vikings change from those in their 60-70's to those 25-45. We may see a similar change with the Gophers over the next few years with the move out of the nursing home/dome.

Donation

80% of that above the standard ticket cost is tax deductable on the Fed income tax.

Chairbacks are between the goal lines...

What sections in the stadium will not have chair backs?

Everything between the goal lines will be chairbacks. Everything else will be bench seats. See attached. :)

Attachments

• TCF-Seating Chart.JPG
    TCF-Seating Chart.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 43

I have mixed feelings about trying to decide between chairback and bench seating. My priority number will probably allow me to get chairbacks if I want them (although pretty close to the goal lines). However, I have a feeling that the atmosphere in the bleachers might be a little bit more fun.

First of all, The crowd will probably be a little younger due to the longer tenure and higher costs required to sit in the "good seats".

Second, when you are on benches if the row has 20 seats and only 18 people show up, everybody shuffles a little bit so that you have more elbow room. I even wonder if that is part of the reason they decided not to go 100% chair backs (like Papa Johns Stadium in Louisville). Scattered empties are much less obvious in bench seating.

And third, if the seats are really comfortable, people are less likely to stand. I like to stand and even wouldn't mind standing for a majority of the game (except for timeouts). But at the Metrodome, I always felt the cold stare of the people sitting behind me even if I tried to stand for the most important plays of the game. Plus if the benches are really uncomfortable, I will just bring my 2006 Insight Bowl seat cushions to sit on.

With the chairback seating going goal line to goal line am i the only person who thinks in the near future you will see all those seats requiring a donation.

There will only be so many people willing to pay extra for seats. I am not one of them.

What is the estimated number of chairback seats-- I have looked but I can't find them.

Also-- how many people ranked higher than many of us opted for the club/loge/suite tickets and are forgoing there "points" tickets. I have to figure that would be decent percent.

Does anyone prefer to sit in those few rows in the endzone in front of the scoreboard? Those seem to be decent seats with less crowds to worry about and might be some fun down there. I also think the bench sections on surrounding the student section would get some preference by some who like to have more in game atmosphere.

I have had season tickets for 20 years and my current seats are 9 rows up in the second deck on the 40. Many of the older people I sit around will not pay extra, I probably will end up in the $250 range. I'm around 5000 my guess is there will be some possible higher priced seats available when I pick.

They will have the "rental" chair-backs available like they have at most stadiums. I would like to sit on the sides instead of the endzone, but I will be happy with what I get. I haven't decided yet if I want to fork over any extra money.

I heard a rumor last year that the seats on the visitor side will most likley be in the sun compared to the seats on the home side. Is this true? It would be nice to get a little warmth from time to time from the sun. I am not sure about the specific location of TCF compared to where the sunsets etc...

Home bench side will be in the shade and visitors look into the sun.

Do you think the sun will play a major role in viewing the game? I would hate to have it in my eyes and limiting my viewing ability.

I currently have 4 seats...2 of them are around 10,700 and the other 2 around 25,000. If I average them together I'd pick around 14,000.

I'm leaning towards keeping them apart.

What is the estimated number of chairback seats-- I have looked but I can't find them.

Also-- how many people ranked higher than many of us opted for the club/loge/suite tickets and are forgoing there "points" tickets. I have to figure that would be decent percent.

Does anyone prefer to sit in those few rows in the endzone in front of the scoreboard? Those seem to be decent seats with less crowds to worry about and might be some fun down there. I also think the bench sections on surrounding the student section would get some preference by some who like to have more in game atmosphere.

When I spoke to the ticket office, they confirmed a couple of things for me. 1) 10,000 preferred seats 2) 10,000 additional seats (between GL and 20's) and 3) the "chairbacks" are indeed separate seats, rather than a bench with a back on it (maybe I was th only one worried about this).

I hate to drag this out any longer but ...

I originally heard that only the student section did not have seat backs. So, does this mean that between the 20's there are separate chairs and in the rest of the seats (except maybe the student section) are benches with backs?

I originally heard that only the student section did not have seat backs. So, does this mean that between the 20's there are separate chairs and in the rest of the seats (except maybe the student section) are benches with backs?

Nope. Individual chairback seats between the GL's. Everything else is benches without backs.

I wish we would add maroon backs to the benches. It would look better than the silver benches and concreate we will see if any seats are empty and would help the back.

Are we not adding bench backs due to cost and/or space between rows?

Top Bottom