where is Spencer?

melbo

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone knows what Spencer Tollackson is doing now. I saw him cover the Northwestern/minn. game for the big ten network early last year and after that I never saw him on the big ten network again. Was that a tryout for a job? Did he land a broadcasting job somewhere or is he working in a different field? Just curious,he seems like a good guy and I enjoyed his hustle and attitude on the court. Go Gophers!

Spencer

I don't know what happened to him. But I actually liked his commentating. He did talk a little too much, but at least he doesnt have a deadpan delivery like trent tucker....augh!

>>...or is he working in a different field?<<

Maybe not a lot of steady work for 6'9" theatre majors.

>>...or is he working in a different field?<<

Maybe not a lot of steady work for 6'9" theatre majors.

I haven't been around here much lately. Nice to know you're still ripping people from behind your computer screen.

I wonder if anyone knows what Spencer Tollackson is doing now. I saw him cover the Northwestern/minn. game for the big ten network early last year and after that I never saw him on the big ten network again. Was that a tryout for a job? Did he land a broadcasting job somewhere or is he working in a different field? Just curious,he seems like a good guy and I enjoyed his hustle and attitude on the court. Go Gophers!

Spoke with him recently....he will be back with the BTN next year.

Nate,

Criticize me for stating the obvious perhaps, but I didn't rip anyone. Sorry I offended your delicate sensibilities.

Nate,

Criticize me for stating the obvious perhaps, but I didn't rip anyone. Sorry I offended your delicate sensibilities.

At least he has a four year degree, better than anything your institution is handing out.

what school?

At least he has a four year degree, better than anything your institution is handing out.

So Gopher4life is not a UM grad huh, what school did he/she attend. I only ask because I also attended another school and wonder how many fans of Minn basketball on this board attended other schools but have a love for the gophers. I graduated from Murray State University( no snide comments please). My interest in this is to see how diverse the gopher hole community is.

"Dogfight"

As I recall, Spencer enjoyed using the term "Dogfight" during the only broadcast I saw of his last year. It will be exciting to see what new phrases he has cooked up for us this year. A few suggestions from the peanut gallery:

"these teams are going at it like..."
-two rams interlocked in a mating struggle to-the-death
-Jacques Cousteau battling the enraged Japanese squid
-Bobby Fischer and Boris Spassky

And for lesser games, he could use:

"these teams are going at it like..."
-Captain and Tennille
-Kermit and Miss Piggy
-Toast and Jam

he is playing baseball with the chaska cubs amateur team this summer. i heard that he threw against winthrop and was wild. lasted 2/3 of an inning.

melbo,

I attended Minnesota beginning in '69 and am a lifelong Gopher.

Nate,

Shame on your naughtiness.

I don't know what happened to him. But I actually liked his commentating. He did talk a little too much, but at least he doesnt have a deadpan delivery like trent tucker....augh!

Trent Tucker is 10 times better then Spencer at this point. Not even close. You can tell Mr. Tolleckson has a long way to go!!!

Spencer Needs Some Grooming

Trent Tucker is 10 times better then Spencer at this point. Not even close. You can tell Mr. Tolleckson has a long way to go!!!

Spencer has a long way to go before he is an effective media communicator. He talks way too much and doesn't say that much. He comes across to me as an immature kid. That is not his fault, because he just needs more training and grooming. You can tell he likes being on TV, but it takes more than that.

Spencer has a long way to go before he is an effective media communicator. He talks way too much and doesn't say that much. He comes across to me as an immature kid. That is not his fault, because he just needs more training and grooming. You can tell he likes being on TV, but it takes more than that.

Exactly.

Top Bottom