How to view ESPN 360 (if you have ANY university email address)

Sour1729

231!
Reaction score
As posted in the other thread...

If you have an active university or military IP, you can still get ESPN 360!!!

You may say, "well that's great for kids in the dorms or people on military bases because their internet provider is through the university but I don't, so I'm screwed." NOT NECESSARILY.

MOST universities have VPN, short for virtual private network. What that does is it creates a secure connection between your home computer and the larger network at the university for various academic uses.

The great part about VPN is that when it is enabled on your computer, it appears to outside sources that your internet provider is the larger network that you are connected to, which happens to be the university! And as previously stated, ESPN 360 is available to all university IPs.

So the next question is, how do I get hooked up with the VPN from my school? Well this part will likely leave some people out. As far as I can tell, you can get your school's VPN as long as you still have an ACTIVE, VALID EMAIL ADDRESS from that school.

Here is the U of M site on their VPN client: http://www1.umn.edu/adcs/help/vpn/
St. Cloud State: http://huskynet.stcloudstate.edu/connected/wireless/vpnWin.asp

So those of you with UMN email addresses, be it student, faculty, anybody, download the VPN client from the linked site.

Once you have downloaded it, all you have to do is click on the program and log in with whatever you set as your username etc. It wont appear to have done anything to your computer, but you will be connected. Then just go to the ESPN 360 site and you will be golden!!!!

Those of you without UMN emails but went to another university or college and still have a valid email from there, I suggest you just google whatever your school's name is and "vpn." It will likely come up right away.

This isn't all smoke either...I just tried it and it works perfectly. Good luck! Any questions feel free to post in this thread and I will try to answer them.

I graduated in May of 2007, and have been using this trick ever since. Every weekend during college football I get tons of games on my computer!

Top Bottom