New Mexico Center Alex Kirk Gets Gopher Offer

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per this update from Chris Monter:

Alex Kirk, a 6-foot-11 big man from Los Alamos (NM) High who has had an strong spring, has picked up a scholarship offer from Minnesota. Kirk is one of the West's top big man and is ranked as the Scout's #10 center in the country. Kirk is attracting interest from many of the top programs in the country, including Minnesota.

Alex said that he received the scholarship offer from Minnesota Monday from head coach Tubby Smith.

"He actually called my father earlier in the day and I gave him a call back after dinner," Alex said. "He said that he had people who talked about me playing in Sabes and they said that I was really good and the skills that I had."

Kirk admits that his hectic schedule will likely prevent him from checking out many schools in the upcoming months.

I don't know how many schools I am going to have a chance to check out," Alex said. "I am booked until August with tournaments and camps. I don't know how much time I will have to go and check out schools."

Kirk has scholarship offers from schools such as USC, California, Oregon State, Arizona State, Utah State, Colorado, New Mexico, New Mexico State, Texas Tech, Tulane, South Alabama and Vanderbilt and recruiting interest from Oregon, Indiana, Kansas, Washington and Stanford.

Kirk has become a must-have recruit for homestate New Mexico. Head coach Steve Alford, assistant Craig Neal and the school's president all recently attended one of Kirk's games.

http://minnesota.scout.com/2/866486.html

Go Gophers!!

per this update from Chris Monter:

Alex Kirk, a 6-foot-11 big man from Los Alamos (NM) High who has had an strong spring, has picked up a scholarship offer from Minnesota. Kirk is one of the West's top big man and is ranked as the Scout's #10 center in the country. Kirk is attracting interest from many of the top programs in the country, including Minnesota.

Alex said that he received the scholarship offer from Minnesota Monday from head coach Tubby Smith.

"He actually called my father earlier in the day and I gave him a call back after dinner," Alex said. "He said that he had people who talked about me playing in Sabes and they said that I was really good and the skills that I had."

Kirk admits that his hectic schedule will likely prevent him from checking out many schools in the upcoming months.

I don't know how many schools I am going to have a chance to check out," Alex said. "I am booked until August with tournaments and camps. I don't know how much time I will have to go and check out schools."

Kirk has scholarship offers from schools such as USC, California, Oregon State, Arizona State, Utah State, Colorado, New Mexico, New Mexico State, Texas Tech, Tulane, South Alabama and Vanderbilt and recruiting interest from Oregon, Indiana, Kansas, Washington and Stanford.

Kirk has become a must-have recruit for homestate New Mexico. Head coach Steve Alford, assistant Craig Neal and the school's president all recently attended one of Kirk's games.

http://minnesota.scout.com/2/866486.html

Go Gophers!!

Wow. Did they send the board of trustees or regents for the university of New Mexico too? I guess I didn't realize that recruiting this specific basketball player was now a school-wide responsibility.

Looks like another solid offer to add to the list. I'm getting really anxious to see how this recruiting class ends up.

I Guess His "Energy" Level

Should not be in question . . .

Top Bottom