Marq Bashing MN

TheHofferette

Reaction score
they are discussing Mbakwe and why he left MU...my fav thing about reading MU's board is how arrogant they are that they are in the BEast and how much they hate on the B10. I say stay in ONE conference for more than 5 years and then we'll all talk. btw, your coach left for Indiana. enough said.

these are a few of the posts:

-"TM's handlers have a lot to do with his decision. But, why on earth would one give up a year of PT in the BE as a starter to play at a JUCO (and I DO mean Minnie as well as the actual JUCO) ? Its not as if TM will be a pro pro prospect in a different system. In the end, I guess there was a lot of pressure to stay "home" ( wherever that is for TM )."

-"Let's not kid ourselves that Mbakwe wouldn't have been a three-year starter.

That is, provided he didn't go into self-destruction mode. Transferring from a Big East program with great guards to attend junior college defies logic. Something is rotten in the State of Denmark.

Tubby breaking the rules!? I'm appalled someone would posit such derogatory drivel. He is a fine man of Kentucky stature. Kentucky has always done it the right way."

-"Okay, so suppose he wanted to transfer to Minnesota the whole time. Why would he transfer to a JUCO in the hopes that UM would keep a scholarship available for him? He had to have known Tubby would make room for him. And in that case, why not just transfer at the beginning of the summer and let everyone move on? He waited until the last possible second, using MU's resources and leaving his teammates and Buzz without a post option they were relying on.

So if Tubby told him to stay for the summer, get the benefits of working out with a high major program, then transfer at the last possible second, that doesn't seem unethical to you? Maybe it's not against the rules, but it's slimy to the Nth degree."

anyways, just thought I'd share....so I guess screw my parents and GO BUCKY this Saturday! sorry, I know what I just typed, I just can't help myself...I hate the BEast and I am starting to hate MU fans.

So is he a valuable part of the team or barely a starter for a sub standard DI team? They could at least make up their mind.

And why don't we play them every year?

Yawn.

The faces of the Marquette Basketball program reside in Miami, FL and Bloomington, IN.

They'll go the way of Utah or Cincinnati after their legendary coaches left.

I was just going to say Nate, the Marquette program is looking at the end of the James, McNeal, Matthews era with not much behind them, an unproven D-1 coach, in a conference that will eat lesser teams alive. If they're going to squawk, this is their time to do so, because life's likely going to get very tough very soon for Marquette fans.

Nate,
The face of the program you speak of in Miami-Mbakwe or Dwayne Wade? :D

I won't sit here and say Trevor doesn't have some poeple he listens to for advice that he probably shouldn't. Not that they have necessarily have bad motives, but they just don't always give the best advice, but it's funny how that didn't bother Marquette people when they we're pushing him to go to Marquette and away from Monson and others. Only now are they a problem.

It's pretty common for most fans to rip a kid and say he wouldn't of played much, blah, blah, blah, after he leaves, thats not exclusive to Marquette fans, but I read there Scout board and they had plenty of people expecting big things from him this year.

While I like any program that can stick it to Wisconsin once in awhile(sorry Ole), the Big East talk gets very annoying. Comparing MINN to a JUCO is pretty funny considering they are getting Jerome Maymon into school.

To say Tubby has broken any rules in this Trevor thing is a complete joke and just makes any Marquette fan who actually believes that or posts it look like a complete FOOL. Trevor wanted to transfer in the beginning of the summer but MN wasn't interested in taking on any transfers, which is why they didn't pursue Trevor, Angelo Johnson, or any of the Kentucky guys.

To think Tubby had some master plan of sending Trevor back to Marquette to work out and use there facilities for the summer knowing he would leave at the end might be one of the dumbest things I have ever heard on a college basketball board. The funny part is Trevor wasn't even the first option this fall, we we're in on a bunch of PF's and turned to Trevor when we missed on Fitzgerald.

I usually like Marquette and think they have some really good posters on that Scout board and some who visit here occaisionally, so I would like to think this garbage isn't coming from them.

Every fanbase has its bad apples. Why so many choose to hang around message boards I'll never know...

I think the message boards are the haven for every rotten apple on the planet!!

Many people think that they can say whatever they want because there is no direct contact. There are a lot of nasty things said on the net for sure. To be honest, I think the Yahoo financial boards are far worse than the college sports boards - many people are just rude.

I've got one comparison for you: Milwaukee versus The Twin Cites and you tell me why he left that $hit hole and came back to home!

I don't even want to get started on the dorms at Marquette. I doubt Trevor would even fit.

Top Bottom