How much would you fork out for a piece of the old Barn floor?

I would pay a hundred for a good sized chunk as well.

http://blogs2.startribune.com/blogs/randball/2009/05/19/mid-day-talker-pieces-of-history-williams-arena-floor/?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUUsZ

I would pay $100 for a good-sized chunk.

The sub-question posed by Michael Rand elicited some pretty funny responses. ("Kent Hrbek's mansierre.")

I bet a championship in the next couple of years could add a couple hundred to those potential prices. I heard the Yankees are selling autographed seats from Yankee Stadium for nearly $5,000. I think cups of dirt were going for about $90.

It appears to me that this could be an excellent opportunity to get a jump on the fundraising drive for the new practice facility. Looking at the normal dimension of 94' by 50' plus approximately 3' for the out of bounds area it'd be 100' by 56'. Use an approximate brick sixe of 4" by 9" that would give right around 1850 bricks of floor. At $100 a pop thats $185,000 right there. I'm sure they could do something as simple as get signatures on them from former Gopher greats and increase the price plus sell bigger sections such as Center Court for a big donation and they could be looking at upwards of a quarter million easy and probably a whole lot more. Hopefully the marketing department realizes all of this and takes advantage of the opportunity they have.

Fundraising for the new practice facility was also the first thing that came to my mind as soon as I watched that video of them taking apart the floor. I really hope the U does that.

With this being the orginal floor I would think that the athletic department would want to keep a part of if. Say center court and use it as a center piece of a display on the history of Wiliams. Otherwise sell the rest. Great fundraiser. I would think they would end up regretting it if they didn't do it.

Kansas is selling parts of the old Allen Fieldhouse floor as well as the floor where they won there newest National Championship. Here is a link for there floor sale.

http://www.kuathletics.com/store/floor/?partner_id=15373

I remember when they tore out the old floor at Memorial Coliseum and unceremoniously threw it away in a dumpster. A lot of people were upset at the Athletic Department at UK for that one. A lot of history and people were very willing to pay the price.

But I draw the line at paying for urinals. The owner of the St. Louis Cardinals auctioned off the urinals from the old Busch. Unless I could get a guarantee that Bob Gibson took a piss in it I was happy to pass on it.

I remember when they tore out the old floor at Memorial Coliseum and unceremoniously threw it away in a dumpster. A lot of people were upset at the Athletic Department at UK for that one. A lot of history and people were very willing to pay the price.

But I draw the line at paying for urinals. The owner of the St. Louis Cardinals auctioned off the urinals from the old Busch. Unless I could get a guarantee that Bob Gibson took a piss in it I was happy to pass on it.

I heard that G4L teamed up with his old buddy Robert Mapplethorpe to buy the urinals for future art projects... :)

Top Bottom