PiPress: Josh Martin on fellow freshman Nate Mason: “He’s an amazing player”

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

A month later, Martin was still talking about the first time he saw his future college teammate play.

“I was able to get a feel for what kind of player he is,” Martin said of Mason who arrived with him on the University of Minnesota campus earlier this month. “He’s an amazing player. For him to almost drop 30 the first time I played with him, that gives me a lot of excitement for (next season).”

“He’s a beast on the court,” Martin said of Mason. “He’s quick. He’ll get by you as soon as you turn your head. If you give him any sort of space, he’ll pull up and knock it down. I saw him pulling him up from beyond NBA range. He was just hitting them one after another.”

http://blogs.twincities.com/gophers...ow-freshman-nate-mason-hes-an-amazing-player/

Go Gophers!!

Love all of these articles lately. Sounds like Konate and Diedhiou will be on campus in about a month. Can't wait to read about them.

Nate Mason is legit. I'm in early on this young buck. He and Martin will be remembered as fantastic Gophers 4 years from now.

Legends of the Summer

Take it easy Haus.

I don't disagree, though, no need to get all misty-eyed a week after they arrive on campus.

Agree.

Like what I've heard about some of the Gopher recruits but have learned to wait until they play in actual (Big Ten) games before getting weak in the knees about their ability (reference: League, Pulley). Will look forward to seeing the new guys develop, but I always lean toward being leery about Legends of the Summer.

Agree.

Like what I've heard about some of the Gopher recruits but have learned to wait until they play in actual (Big Ten) games before getting weak in the knees about their ability (reference: League, Pulley). Will look forward to seeing the new guys develop, but I always lean toward being leery about Legends of the Summer.

+1

Morris is the most important newcomer in 2015, but Mason may end up being the best long-term.

Zach LaVine, Martin's HS teammate is be playing for the TWolves. I expect LaVine and Dieng will be at a lot of Gopher games.

Top Bottom