PiPress: 'Dunker' Josh Martin ready for showtime

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

Gophers strength and conditioning coach Shaun Brown has talked to Martin about gaining strength and getting his playing weight up to a solid 230 pounds as a freshman. And assistant coach Dan McHale told him the team hopes Martin can add wing to his repetoire.

"Coach McHale has been talking to me about developing into more of a slasher," Martin said. "I don't like it when guys get labeled a certain position. He's just trying to develop me into the best player I can be. I feel like I can be multi-faceted on the court and provide a lot of different things."

http://www.twincities.com/gophers/c...rce=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Go Gophers!!

If he can get up to 230 of muscle this year he is going to be a nasty rebounder from day 1, which is something we were lacking last year. Really hope he's able to do that. Very excited for the season already.

Does this finally mean we have 6 guys to play 3 positions?

Not saying he can't fill in if needed, but I'm guessing if they want him to bulk up to 230 it means they want him to play the 4. They want our 4's to be able to shoot and put the ball on the floor too, so I don't think them wanting him to slash to the basket necessarily means they want him at the 3. If he can fill in there that would be great though, but I'm hoping our 5 guards/wings stay healthy so we don't even need to worry about it.

I've been following this team for many years, and I don't remember liking a player this much before he's even played a game for the team. Talking about liking him as a person. He's just so charismatic and enthusiastic.

I've been following this team for many years, and I don't remember liking a player this much before he's even played a game for the team. Talking about liking him as a person. He's just so charismatic and enthusiastic.

Yep and already seems like a good team mate tossing compliments to Mason and King.

He's my favorite of the class. I think he is a key player over the next few years in elevating the program. I like what Pitino is doing. That kid from the Canary Island could be HUGE for us. Like the whole class.

+1. Everything he says is extremely positive. You can tell he already really cares about the program, and seems to have a great work ethic. He's going to be a good leader for our team in the years to come, I think.

I can see Pitino saying stuff like "We need more Josh Martin's" over the next few years when asked about recruiting. Josh's motor, passion, and work ethic appears to be top notch. I think he'll be a fan favorite and a favorite of the coaching staff.

Top Bottom