Gophers finished 32nd in nation in average attendance with 11,255 per game

If we didn't host the three NIT games we would have been 28th in average attendance.:banghead:

This puts us 10th in the Big Ten for the year, and behind Maryland, but there's a big gap between us and Northwestern and Penn State.

Nebraska averaged an additional 5,000 (!) fans per game over last season for the biggest improvement in attendance in the country.

Looks like games that had Kentucky in them (both home and away) made up a little over a third of total SEC attendance.

The Big Ten led all conferences in total attendance, despite playing fewer games than the ACC, SEC, and Pac-12.

Indiana, Wisconsin, and Ohio State were 6, 7, and 8 in attendance nationally. Ohio State surprised me a bit because while they've been good for quite some time, I guess I always thought that because Buckeye football is so huge, their basketball program didn't get as much attention as maybe it deserved, seems I was wrong.

Purdue's attendance went up by 881 fans per game over last season, despite not even making the NIT in either season.

And apparently Cameron Indoor is kinda small. Duke averaged a sellout, was 46th in attendance.

Thanks for posting this Bleed, cool stuff.

If we didn't host the three NIT games we would have been 28th in average attendance.:banghead:

I feel your pain. The Gopher season would have been much better without the NIT run.

:rolleyes:

The Pac-12 should be embarrassed with that attendance average. If you count Maryland, the Big Ten has 11 in the top 32. The highest ranked team in the Pac-12 was Utah at 38th.

Since average is used, even if every game was sold out, the highest the Gophers could rank is 18th with 14,625.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom