ESPN: Iowa State's Matt Thomas arrested for DUI, 2nd Cyclone in last 2 months

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

Iowa State sophomore shooting guard Matt Thomas was arrested Saturday for operating a vehicle while intoxicated -- the second Cyclones player to be charged for the infraction in two months.

Thomas, 19, was arrested and jailed by Ames, Iowa, police early Saturday before he was bailed out by his brother, according to a source close to the program.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...a-state-cyclones-arrested-driving-intoxicated

Go Gophers!!

Lol. Transfer U seems to be going through some stuff.

Can you blame him though? He's in Ames, Iowa.

How does this affect him now since he's under age? Just a slap on the wrist? I'm not up to snuff on the DUI stuff. Perhaps Gopher Warrior knows. :rolleyes:

I fully expect there to be frequent trouble at Iowa State, but I'd expect it to be the transfers more than the "normal" recruits brought in as freshmen.

Whenever I see Matt Thomas mentioned, I think of how he wanted to be a Gopher but Saul (and to some extent Tubby) showed up late for his games, didn't recruit him hard, and generally didn't seem to care that they blew off a top-50 player.

Lol. Transfer U seems to be going through some stuff.

Can you blame him though? He's in Ames, Iowa.

How does this affect him now since he's under age? Just a slap on the wrist? I'm not up to snuff on the DUI stuff. Perhaps Gopher Warrior knows. :rolleyes:

+1

I wonder what "suspended indefinitely" will mean in this case.

Whenever I see Matt Thomas mentioned, I think of how he wanted to be a Gopher but Saul (and to some extent Tubby) showed up late for his games, didn't recruit him hard, and generally didn't seem to care that they blew off a top-50 player.

Oh really? Do you have a source for any of this?

Also, he wasn't ranked in the top 50 by even one of the major services.

I'm still waiting for Gopher Warrior to come and tell us that there is a 2% chance that he'll be allowed to play this year.

Actually I'm surprised he didn't break the news.

The automatic "suspended indefinitely" is per their athletic code. He will probably sit no more than 3 games.

Can take the kid out of Wisconsin, but you can't take Wisconsin out of the kid.

I think a DUI is way, way more serious than, say, smoking a little pot in your dorm room or whatever. This should not be a slap on the wrist.

An underage DUI. But he's just a "kid" and nobody got hurt, so people will attribute it to him not knowing any better.

Our culture is really good at doing that.

Oh really? Do you have a source for any of this?

Also, he wasn't ranked in the top 50 by even one of the major services.

So, given your lack of a reply, I'm just going to go ahead and consider your "information" completely fabricated out of whole cloth, just as I suspected. Can't miss an opportunity to bash Tubby, even if it takes making things up, can we?

So, given your lack of a reply, I'm just going to go ahead and consider your "information" completely fabricated out of whole cloth, just as I suspected. Can't miss an opportunity to bash Tubby, even if it takes making things up, can we?
Give it up, no one cares. Tubbys been gone a year so get over it.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

9th place.

Give it up, no one cares. Tubbys been gone a year so get over it.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

tumblr_mcmixtFurC1ryjxso.gif

Spoken like a true bedwetter.

Look, I spent a week in Ames one night. It is a great and fun city. It beats the hell out of Iowa City And Des Moines. Even Mason City is better than Iowa City.

Wrong. You do. You posted about it. By definition, you care.

Yeah, I'm the one who brought him up, right? Oh no, wait.

No, you are just the guy that pounces at every opportunity to abdicate responsibility from tubby.

Wrong. You do. You posted about it. By definition, you care.

Yeah, I'm the one who brought him up, right? Oh no, wait.
Well by quoting yourself, you're clearly the one who feels they need some sort of vindication as "smartest in the room"

As the Head Referee of pissing contests, I am sorry. I am busy with tinyarch's wife trying to find his head.

Top Bottom