Shooter: Gophers admin, coaches & civic leaders heading to AZ to meet with T Denny

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Shooter: Gophers admin, coaches & civic leaders heading to AZ to meet with T Denny

per Shooter:

Top Gophers administrators, coaches and civic leaders are headed to Scottsdale, Ariz., to visit Minnesota grad T. Denny Sanford from St. Paul, hoping the multimillionaire philanthropist will become the lead donor for their $190 million athletics-facilities improvement drive.

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/c...rs-vikings-christian-ponder-realizes-his-role

Go Gophers!!

Does Prince like basketball?

But in all seriousness what about Marylin Carlson Nelson. Her father started Carlson Inc. which owns the Radisson, TGI Fridays, Country Inns and Suites and various other businesses. I guess she teaches Corporate responsibility to MBA students at Carlson. She's worth $4 billion. Need to hit her up for some money.

She only does the Super Bowl because it fills up Carlson hotels.

She also has to deal with Jr. He is as entitled and incompetent as they come.

If Dave Chappelle has taught me anything, it's that Prince is a pretty big basketball fan. He's not a bad player, either

Maybe Teague, Pitino, Double T, and Prince can talk Gopher basketball and purify themselves in the waters of Lake Minnetonka.

How many times we gonna go beggin to this guy...gotta find somebody new.

Well Sioux Falls literally can't take any more arenas and he's already given money to SDSU. USD also is getting new facilities. Maybe he's out of things in SD to spend money on, unless he'd like to build Northern State a new arena, too.

If a billionaire with $4 bil gives $100 mil, that would be like a person with $200,000 giving $5,000, it's .025 %. Yes it's a lot of money by way of percentage, but assuming the billionaire makes 3 percent on his/her money, it's a push after one year. Factor in the tax deductibility, the positive publicity and legacy, there are a lot of positives for the donor, but they could also give it to the American Heart Association, a political cause, or just keep on counting it.

Maybe Teague, Pitino, Double T, and Prince can talk Gopher basketball and purify themselves in the waters of Lake Minnetonka.

I'm fairly certain that Lake Minnetonka lost its purifying powers a few weeks ago.

I for one wish we'd stop kissing this guy's ass.

I wonder if this means we have enough contributions to show progress and ask him to match.

I wonder if this means we have enough contributions to show progress and ask him to match.

Nate the optimist. I am with you...hopefully we have some corporate sponsors (which was rumored) and some $1 Mil donors on board and now Denny can come in and be the big dog with some additional support behind him.

I won't believe anything until I hear it from Sid.

It would be great if someone could close the deal with T.Denny, but it's kind of worrisome to me that we are going back down this path again. Of course it's entirely possible that a lot of work has been done on T.Denny and Gopher leadership feels like he's going to pull the trigger. Without that information though, it seems like we are a ~year in to this much needed facilities fundraising and we're circling back to square one by putting the full court press on T.Denny Sanford.

You ass kissers serve an important purpose in nature. :)

I'll choose dignity over money all day long.

Personally, I think all of us would. However, thats NOT how this works. Ass kissing is the cornerstone of fund raising.

It would be great if someone could close the deal with T.Denny, but it's kind of worrisome to me that we are going back down this path again.

+1

With all these MN-based fortune 500 companies, there are plenty of wealthy individuals in the Twin Cities (the executives who work there, the people who started these companies, etc. etc.) not to mention the U of M has as many rich alumni around the country. I don't understand -- and T. Denny probably doesn't either-- why nobody else is stepping up. G**D*MN Minnesotans can be so cheap.

We're trying to raise $180 million for a practice facility, and you guys don't think we should ask a billionaire who has a history of donation to chip in?

We're trying to raise $180 million for a practice facility, and you guys don't think we should ask a billionaire who has a history of donation to chip in?

That's not it. It's just that he's played so hard to get. There are other asses in need of kissing.

I'd choose a LOT of money over a LITTLE dignity

I'd choose a LOT of dignity over a LITTLE money

It's the break-even point I'm not sure about - probably lean towards money

That's not it. It's just that he's played so hard to get. There are other asses in need of kissing.

Why not kiss all of them? It's not like there is a limit on the amount of asses we can kiss.

Top Bottom