St. Cloud Times: Pitino wants to stay in Minnesota

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the St. Cloud Times:

One of the questions Pitino, 31, faced from the crowd was if he would stay in Minnesota for an extended period of time. Rumors had circulated that Pitino had been attached to other Division I jobs earlier this spring.

"You don't leave a place if you have what you need to win. My family and I love living here," Pitino said. "This is a clean, safe place with so many opportunities. Plus, you don't have to recruit fans. We're given all the resources we need to succeed here.

"This is a place I'd like to be for a long, long time if you'll have me."

http://www.sctimes.com/story/sports/college/2014/06/10/pitino-wants-stay-minnesota/10287953/

Go Gophers!!

Maybe Woody knows something we GopherHolers don't. But again, that is stretching it.

This all sounds great. But its more than just having a place you need to win.

RP did well bringing home a NIT trophy scrambling to bring in guys like Mathieu and working well with Tubby's players. Now Pitino has to do bring in the players that will elevate the Gophers to a top 4 program in the BIG. And Woody needs to do his part and pony up the bucks if RP can put it all together.

All the pieces need to fit for Pitino to be her for a long, long time.

I was sure he would publicly say that he would leave for bigger bucks and a higher profile program the first chance he gets. I'm a believer now. As long as the U wants him, Richie will be here until he gets a shiny gold watch. :cool02:

I was sure he would publicly say that he would leave for bigger bucks and a higher profile program the first chance he gets. I'm a believer now. As long as the U wants him, Richie will be here until he gets a shiny gold watch. :cool02:

You need to remember wren's messages: All that matters is B1G wins. He will only support awarding Coach P a Timex with a stainless steel bevel. But Timex does take a lickin' and keeps on tickin'.

Top Bottom